oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley 3-1 (Ayala,Traore,Bamford)

Well done Boro we can not be relegated now and well done Boro Unger the first time this season an authors gets to do 4 consecutive match day threads

Alan, you’ve been warned about this before #FakeNews

;)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one else but me, who can see a good player in Cranie?

Did well today I think

He looked calm and collected against Birmingham. I was a fan, and I've never really rated him previously...

Did well today I think

He looked calm and collected against Birmingham. I was a fan, and I've never really rated him previously...

I think he did well today too .. good reading of the play and some vital headers in defence today .. I think he was fouled today, when he almost set him self up for a "home run" :P

Is your name btw from the Sabbath song?

I had £25 on Boro and Cardiff to win on Tuesday, returned £65.

I put the £65 on Boro and Cardiff to win today, returned £165.

Thinly veiled I'm rich post

Did well today I think

I think he did well today too .. good reading of the play and some vital headers in defence today .. I think he was fouled today, when he almost set him self up for a "home run" :P

Is your name btw from the Sabbath song?

It is ;)

That was a strange old game today. We were coasting at 3-0, conceded a goal from nothing really and then collectively crapped ourselves. I can only assume it was the shock of conceding that knocked us out of our stride as up until then we were winning at a canter. It's odd that their confidence would be so brittle though with good recent form and a 3-1 lead at home you'd think they'd react better to it.

Great start obviously and a lovely second goal from Traore - also incredible timing as well. Barnsley didn't really offer much and it looked more of a case of how many we'd score than if they would get back into it. For future reference, running across your own six yard box with the ball being chased by an opposition player probably isn't the best idea in the world. From a tactical point of view I'd rather see us playing just a little further forward than that :)

The third goal was a howler from their keeper but decent reactions from Bamford as it could easily have bounced off him and gone out for a goal kick. They then got their goal out of nothing and suddenly the game changed and we looked sloppy and I guess tentative. A game that really should have been heading for 4-0, 5-0, began to look a lot closer than it had been. Even then we should have added another but sadly Traore hit the keeper with his shot and then they came close as well. Odd game but a deserved three points nonetheless.

Passed a guy on the way out of the match, telling someone that he'd put a fiver on Ayala to score first and final score of 3-1 at odds of 35/1

Passed a guy on the way out of the match, telling someone that he'd put a fiver on Ayala to score first and final score of 3-1 at odds of 35/1

I'm assuming there is a 200 missing off there, no way was it 35/1 haha

Bamford's going to carry us through the playoffs and right his dismal display the last time we got there vs Norwich it's written in the stars. I have no clue where he's refound this form but I'd back him to score every game from here on out I don't doubt him it's 14/15 all over again.

He's found form because he is being played in his true position.  That isn't down to brilliant management, but injuries.

He's played striker plenty of times without scoring or looking sharp to be fair plus he spent most of the 14/15 season playing wide and won player of the season this isn't just confidence he's refound his sharpness, touch and whatever that knack is for right place right time. Got to give Pulis credit for it just like you have to credit Adama's output improving to Pulis whatever he's done has worked with the pair of them.

FWIW transfermarkt says he played 19 times in the league at CF and 17 playing LW and 2 playing RW so he didn't play "most" of the season playing wide at all.

I think some of those stats are wrong as he didn't play on the left wing 17 times that season.  Some of the games they have him playing there I'm pretty sure he actually played up front.

Since the FA seem to be looking kindly on us these days, should we not put in an appeal against Leadbitters two match ban? If we ask nicely they may extend it to four or five!

That was a strange old game today.  We were coasting at 3-0, conceded a goal from nothing really and then collectively crapped ourselves.  I can only assume it was the shock of conceding that knocked us out of our stride as up until then we were winning at a canter.  It's odd that their confidence would be so brittle though with good recent form and a 3-1 lead at home you'd think they'd react better to it.

Great start obviously and a lovely second goal from Traore - also incredible timing as well.  Barnsley didn't really offer much and it looked more of a case of how many we'd score than if they would get back into it.   For future reference, running across your own six yard box with the ball being chased by an opposition player probably isn't the best idea in the world.  From a tactical point of view I'd rather see us playing just a little further forward than that :)

The third goal was a howler from their keeper but decent reactions from Bamford as it could easily have bounced off him and gone out for a goal kick.  They then got their goal out of nothing and suddenly the game changed and we looked sloppy and I guess tentative.  A game that really should have been heading for 4-0, 5-0, began to look a lot closer than it had been.  Even then we should have added another but sadly Traore hit the keeper with his shot and then they came close as well.  Odd game but a deserved three points nonetheless.

Lol I mentioned that during the game, I don't think I've ever seen that before, and just like...so calmly too, was amazed.

Thought we played really well in the first half, the 4-5-1 shape seems to work and we strangled the life out of Barnsley. The game looked over at 3-0 but a really stupid goal let them back into it.

I thought we looked really tired in the last 20 minutes but I never felt overly worried about them getting back into it.

Ayala was excellent today, thought Clayton and Besic played well in midfield and Adama was unplayable at times in the first half again. I agree with the comment about Cranie, he looked very composed when he came on.

I listened to a bit of the phone-in on the way home and heard a couple of very negative calls, I don't really know what else people want at the moment if 3 wins at home with 9 goals scored is not enough. I'm not sure we're good enough to be a promotion team but sometimes you've got to just enjoy a victory.

Lol I mentioned that during the game, I don't think I've ever seen that before, and just like...so calmly too, was amazed.

I'm not sure he was all that calm tbh.  He seemed to want to go the other way and then turned across goal and just had to keep on going.  The fans weren't that calm I can tell you that and I'm betting Pulis wasn't! :)