oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley 3-1 (Ayala,Traore,Bamford)

I listened to a bit of the phone-in on the way home and heard a couple of very negative calls, I don't really know what else people want at the moment if 3 wins at home with 9 goals scored is not enough. I'm not sure we're good enough to be a promotion team but sometimes you've got to just enjoy a victory.

I didn't hear the phone in but I suspect it was just because of the way the game went.  If you go from coasting to struggling it maybe feels more disappointing than it actually was.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to a bit of the phone-in on the way home and heard a couple of very negative calls, I don't really know what else people want at the moment if 3 wins at home with 9 goals scored is not enough. I'm not sure we're good enough to be a promotion team but sometimes you've got to just enjoy a victory.

I didn't hear the phone in but I suspect it was just because of the way the game went.  If you go from coasting to struggling it maybe feels more disappointing than it actually was.

One idiot was calling it a disgrace and not acceptable the way we played, way over the top. Pulis was getting criticised for taking Besic off as well when he was clearly injured.

Highlights

The more I see it, the more mad I get at Adama, not passing to Baker... Maybe it could boost Baker to be a better sub, if he scored again....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lLx8CnXsiQ

I understand why everyone says he should pass, which I agree, he should have, but do you think Bamford passes in that same situation ? I personally don't think he does. Traore is in the best form of his life, and wanted another goal, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Given the chance again I think he would pass.

Highlights

The more I see it, the more mad I get at Adama, not passing to Baker... Maybe it could boost Baker to be a better sub, if he scored again....

You need to take a chill pill, have a glass of wine, take a nap.  We won, he was in on goal, yes he could have passed to Baker, but he was and has been on fire.  He acted confidently.

Get over it.

Highlights

You need to take a chill pill, have a glass of wine, take a nap.  We won, he was in on goal, yes he could have passed to Baker, but he was and has been on fire.  He acted confidently.

Get over it.

Seen it myself and the lads on the radio said the same thing and I agree. Baker was screaming for it and he had an open goal. It wasn't the same as Bamford's against Leeds when Bamford scored, he was on his weaker side and the ball to Baker was really quite simple. Should definitely have cut it back across.

Not going to lose sleep over it though. The game is over, the points are on the board, on to the next game.

I'm not worried about our home form. Our home performances are sound and we seem happy to take games to teams to score 2/3 goals.

It's the tactics away from home that worry me... If we go a goal ahead, we do as we did after conceding today; collectively *** ourselves, sit too deep and invite unecessary pressure.

When that happens, Pulis seems to want us to counter attack, but without a non-fatigued Adama that's not going to work with our personnel. Especially when you sub an advanced mid/winger for a DM/FB.

We have some tricky away games before now and the close of the season: Brentford is always a tricky place to go, Burton are fighting for their lives, and Sheff Utd/Derby/Ipswich are all having good seasons with some talented, game changing players. I do fear that we could be caught out tactically in those games.

I wouldn't be too critical of Traore really. He was running at pace, got himself through one on one with the keeper and went for goal. He might not have even seen Baker as he was behind him and Traore only had one touch before shooting. In real time I was expecting him to shoot and I see no reason now why he shouldn't - he just should have hit a better shot and scored. That to me wasn't a poor decision from him, I reckon he did the right thing but just didn't do it well enough.

I wouldn't be too critical of Traore really. He was running at pace, got himself through one on one with the keeper and went for goal. He might not have even seen Baker as he was behind him and Traore only had one touch before shooting. In real time I was expecting him to shoot and I see no reason now why he shouldn't - he just should have hit a better shot and scored. That to me wasn't a poor decision from him, I reckon he did the right thing but just didn't do it well enough.

Exactly this.

Can never be angry at a forward taking responsibility and having the shot. 3-0 should've been comfortable enough.

I thought Besic was outstanding, another player willing to take responsibility on the ball. Never settles for the easy backwards option.

Ayala was incredible, amazing what a different manager can do to a player.

*And a quick shout-out to Clayts. I'm usually his biggest critic but I thought he was good today.

If Traore scored, it would be fine.. But honestly .. Missing that chance, when a team mate has an easy tap in oportunity if u make an easy pass ...Then you look like a spoiled kid and a selfish ***...

Barnsley ALMOST scores directly after ... Could have been 3-2 with THEIR momentum .. instead of a secure 4-1 ...

You can never compare Bamfords goal, where he shot instead of passing .. Cause Adama wasn't that clear of the keeper and there was a defender in between aswell ..

I am sure Pulis will tell Adama to pass in another likewise situation ... Baker over reacted, but I can understand him a bit, cause he could have gained some self esteem and some momentum, which could be USEFUL for the TEAM .. Instead he now is dissapointed and ridiculed...