oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley 3-1 (Ayala,Traore,Bamford)

If Traore scored, it would be fine.. But honestly .. Missing that chance, when a team mate has an easy tap in oportunity if u make an easy pass ...Then you look like a spoiled kid and a selfish ***...

Barnsley ALMOST scores directly after ... Could have been 3-2 with THEIR momentum .. instead of a secure 4-1 ...

You can never compare Bamfords goal, where he shot instead of passing .. Cause Adama wasn't that clear of the keeper and there was a defender in between aswell ..

I am sure Pulis will tell Adama to pass in another likewise situation ... Baker over reacted, but I can understand him a bit, cause he could have gained some self esteem and some momentum, which could be USEFUL for the TEAM .. Instead he now is dissapointed and ridiculed...

I hope Pulis doesn't tell him that. I want our attackers to back themselves, if they choose to pass then fair enough but I won't criticise either Bamford or Traore in their situations for going for the shot.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one of those where in an ideal world, he probably should have passed because it was the easier option and a guaranteed goal, however I'm not gonna stop my confident strikers shooting, as others have said. Can't be mad, especially since the goalie only just managed to save it with his face.

Yeah... it looks kind of gutting that he didn't square it for an easy tap in, but as CT said, he pretty much should score from there, so the decision to shoot is therefore not so bad.

I agree with what Will said too. I actually think Traore is in a better position to shoot than Bamford was last week against Leeds... but then Bamford's goes in, so no one really comments.

ANYWAY... we won, and PB and AT both scored, so should be nice and confident.

COME ON BORO !!!

Bamford's going to carry us through the playoffs and right his dismal display the last time we got there vs Norwich it's written in the stars. I have no clue where he's refound this form but I'd back him to score every game from here on out I don't doubt him it's 14/15 all over again.

He's found form because he is being played in his true position.  That isn't down to brilliant management, but injuries.

He's played striker plenty of times without scoring or looking sharp to be fair plus he spent most of the 14/15 season playing wide and won player of the season this isn't just confidence he's refound his sharpness, touch and whatever that knack is for right place right time. Got to give Pulis credit for it just like you have to credit Adama's output improving to Pulis whatever he's done has worked with the pair of them.

FWIW transfermarkt says he played 19 times in the league at CF and 17 playing LW and 2 playing RW so he didn't play "most" of the season playing wide at all.

I think some of those stats are wrong as he didn't play on the left wing 17 times that season.  Some of the games they have him playing there I'm pretty sure he actually played up front.

He almost never played on the left in 15/16, it was on the right or up front.

I don't get to see many games these days so good to get the feedback from this site. I am feeling quite positive at the moment (as positive as a Boro fan of long standing can be :)).

Some of the comments here are really getting down to finer points - mistakes made in a 3-1 win, should he have passed or not! I am hoping that the boys are taking note of the mistakes they made against teams we are running a steamroller over.  We won't get as many chance in a lot of our upcoming games so good to make the mistakes when we have the 3 points in the bag. But don't do it again.

He's found form because he is being played in his true position.  That isn't down to brilliant management, but injuries.

He's played striker plenty of times without scoring or looking sharp to be fair plus he spent most of the 14/15 season playing wide and won player of the season this isn't just confidence he's refound his sharpness, touch and whatever that knack is for right place right time. Got to give Pulis credit for it just like you have to credit Adama's output improving to Pulis whatever he's done has worked with the pair of them.

FWIW transfermarkt says he played 19 times in the league at CF and 17 playing LW and 2 playing RW so he didn't play "most" of the season playing wide at all.

I think some of those stats are wrong as he didn't play on the left wing 17 times that season.  Some of the games they have him playing there I'm pretty sure he actually played up front.

He almost never played on the left in 15/16, it was on the right or up front.

I don't remember a single game that he played on the left that season, he started on the right until we played Derby in early December and that was when him and Vossen started playing as a pair upfront after that.

Some spot on comments about yesterday's game however sometimes I do not understand reverting to a counter attacking team when in a comfortable position or so it seems at times.

The record against always winning when scoring first could become detrimental as maybe the aurora of the team thinks another win is a dead cert and it is only us dropping back and not continuing the play that got us in a good position that allows teams to come onto us and causes problems.

Certainly I got the impression that the gaffer was demanding that Boro pressed forward when we started sitting back and as others have mentioned we can not afford to be complacent when the "harder" games are played.

There is one thing I am certain other teams will be looking differently at us now and the respective Managers will be telling their team to stop us from scoring first, works both ways I guess as there will be games that we will have to come from behind and that's where our weakness has been exposed

The second half does not make good reading...

The second half of a match that we won 3-1?

Yeah, we're probably going down.

I listened to a bit of the phone-in on the way home and heard a couple of very negative calls, I don't really know what else people want at the moment if 3 wins at home with 9 goals scored is not enough. I'm not sure we're good enough to be a promotion team but sometimes you've got to just enjoy a victory.

I didn't hear the phone in but I suspect it was just because of the way the game went.  If you go from coasting to struggling it maybe feels more disappointing than it actually was.

Yes, I was saying to my dad on the way out, it's a funny situation with football, where if you play poorly for 60 minutes, play well for the last 30 and win 3-1, you come out with a skip in your step and great memories of the match.

But if you play well for 60 minutes, and then not so great for the last 30 and win 3-1, you come out with a bit of a flat feeling.

A kind of recency bias in effect, I suppose.

Seem to be gathering momentum at the right time which is good... I think we will maintain our spot in the playoffs and then it’s anyones game. Getting more confident, UTB!

Traore should obviously have passed the ball for an open goal but you can’t really blame him for shooting. As soon as he got clear of the defender by being the Flash there was only one thing on his mind. That is the sign of a confident player which is an excellent change from the player he was 3 months ago.

I listened to a bit of the phone-in on the way home and heard a couple of very negative calls, I don't really know what else people want at the moment if 3 wins at home with 9 goals scored is not enough. I'm not sure we're good enough to be a promotion team but sometimes you've got to just enjoy a victory.

I didn't hear the phone in but I suspect it was just because of the way the game went.  If you go from coasting to struggling it maybe feels more disappointing than it actually was.

Yes, I was saying to my dad on the way out, it's a funny situation with football, where if you play poorly for 60 minutes, play well for the last 30 and win 3-1, you come out with a skip in your step and great memories of the match.

But if you play well for 60 minutes, and then not so great for the last 30 and win 3-1, you come out with a bit of a flat feeling.

A kind of recency bias in effect, I suppose.

Yeah you're probably right and although the last 30 mins wasn't great calling the performance a disgrace and words to that effect is going a bit over the top.

I don't like watching us sitting deep and defending a lead but you've also got to expect the other team to throw the kitchen sink at you when they are behind.

I think some people watch teams like Man City and Barcelona and expect the same from us at times, although we've got better players than most teams we're not that much better where we can expect to rack up 5 or 6 goals every week.

Yes. I still think yesterday should have been a greater win than 3-0, let alone 3-1, mind. I actually cashed out my 3-0 bet as soon as Bamford scored, because I was convinced we'd get at least one or two more. It ended up being a good call, but not for the reasons I'd thought!

The encouraging thing is that I feel as though we do have it in us on current form to really batter a team one of these days. Hopefully it will be Forest in a few weeks.

Liking thr momentum we are building,vdry happy with the current run of form.

We can be a bit picky but things are going ok just now.

Teams like Fulham just could have peaked too soon? Its difficult to keep these runs going forever,maybe just maybe that come the play offs they will stumble.

Fulham and Villa might suffer reaction to missing out on the autos,all this is pure speculation but I've seen it happen several times in previous seasons