oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley 3-1 (Ayala,Traore,Bamford)

Yes. I still think yesterday should have been a greater win than 3-0, let alone 3-1, mind. I actually cashed out my 3-0 bet as soon as Bamford scored, because I was convinced we'd get at least one or two more. It ended up being a good call, but not for the reasons I'd thought!.

hang about then....Say you didn't cash out and then it was us who scored a forth.... are you with the rest of us cheering our heads off or are you shouting at the ref and calling for an offside?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I still think yesterday should have been a greater win than 3-0, let alone 3-1, mind. I actually cashed out my 3-0 bet as soon as Bamford scored, because I was convinced we'd get at least one or two more. It ended up being a good call, but not for the reasons I'd thought!.

hang about then....Say you didn't cash out and then it was us who scored a forth.... are you with the rest of us cheering our heads off or are you shouting at the ref and calling for an offside?

Well as soon as Bamford scored I didn't want to have to face that quandary, so cashing out just made sense!

I thought 3-0 up we could hit Barnsley for 5 or 6 we were cruising, but after poor goalkeeping for the Barnsley goal, it seemed to knock our momentum and we allowed them to come onto us, hitting the post and a penalty shout near the end.

Traore takes some stopping when in that form, we were top notch 1st half but a bit below par 2nd half but its 3 points in the bag, and so it should be at home against a side trying to avoid relegation.

I thought for Barnsley, McBurnie looked head and shoulders above any of his team mates he was dangerous at times with some good runs into the box.

Its now definitely in our hands but sit back and defend deep when we come up against the better sides and we'll get done.

The second half does not make good reading...

The second half of a match that we won 3-1?

Yeah, we're probably going down.

Tom don’t do ironic it’s beyound your intelligence.

Sarcastic*

Sarcastic*

[/quo

I stand corrected.

No offence, just couldn't help me'self :P

I could try and make an excuse as it is 8.25 pm here and I’ve had a busy challenging day. But I won’t. No offense taking.

I wouldn't, given you were corrected by someone who's first language isn't English.

You've certainly managed a hell of a lot of unintended irony here, like. Though I certainly don't think it has come down to intelligence.

He almost never played on the left in 15/16, it was on the right or up front.

I don't remember a single game that he played on the left that season, he started on the right until we played Derby in early December and that was when him and Vossen started playing as a pair upfront after that.

Yeah I should have just said out wide rather than on the left.  I was looking at it ages ago and remember seeing him being listed as having played out wide in games where he played up front.  For some reason they put Vossen and Tomlin up front and Adomah and Bamford out wide in a kind of 4-2-4 formation I think.