• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a dream that we scored early in this game through Traore, then sat back and handed the initiative to Brentford before losing 2-1. Hope dreamer me was wrong.

Our defence has been worse under Pulis than under Monk it has to be said

I'd like to see some stats to back that up because I'm not sure it's true.

I think it’s just a case of a decent team, playing at home going one nil down and putting a bit more pressure on our goal.

Take that instance just there, Downing gets a cross blocked and somehow it spins backwards and lands unopposed at the feet of a Brentford player.

Just one of those games.

Our defence has been worse under Pulis than under Monk it has to be said

I'd like to see some stats to back that up because I'm not sure it's true.

As it stands right now it's almost identical.

Why is Traore playing on the left again anyway? Statistically Brentford have one of the best attacks in the championship in terms of XG whereas our defence is only middling. This was always going to be tough

Whoever that ginger lad is for them has committed two yellow card-worthy fouls since he picked up his booking early on. Annoying.

Under Monk in the Championship we conceded 22 in 23 games. Under Pulis we’ve conceded 14 in 14 so far. Ok maybe you could forgive those that were in the first couple of games under Pulis but it’s not exactly getting better lately, conceding 3 against Sunderland, against Barnsley and again against Brentford today.

Whoever that ginger lad is for them has committed two yellow card-worthy fouls since he picked up his booking early on. Annoying.

Yep, and he's been pretty decent on the ball too so losing him would be pretty useful for us.

Ref has been really inconsistent though.

Under Monk in the Championship we conceded 22 in 23 games. Under Pulis we’ve conceded 14 in 14 so far. Ok maybe you could forgive those that were in the first couple of games under Pulis but it’s not exactly getting better lately, conceding 3 against Sunderland, against Barnsley and again against Brentford today.

conceding 1 against Barnsley in a game we were 3-0 up in isn't exactly the end of the world, and Brentford are a great attacking team so conceding 1 to them in a game they've dominated is hardly the end of the world either.