oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford (A) 1-1 (Traore)

7 points behind Villa, can we catch them?

yep, keep winning while they are slipping up we'll be past them with games to spare. their bubble has burst, peaked to early. same with fulham imo.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 points behind Villa, can we catch them?

yep, keep winning while they are slipping up we'll be past them with games to spare. their bubble has burst, peaked to early. same with fulham imo.

Agree on Villa. Not so sure about Fulham. Think they will comfortably finish 3rd.

We could end up anywhere from 4th to 10th!

Let’s hope it is one of the first three

Happy with the point. Sounds like we didn't have a great deal of the game from listening to it so only conceding the one goal was pretty good in the end. Makes Brentford's late push look done and dusted when you look at the table. Just every bugger else we have to worry about now. Millwall and Preston look to be making big late pushes and the early challengers Bristol City and Sheffield United remain within touching distance.

Brentford looked like they were playing with an extra man at times, there was always someone free. They passed around quickly, a lot of 1 touch stuff, within two to three passes they were off down the sideline.

They played very, very well.

I will say though that it was one of those games where every bounce went their way. Balls would take weird bounces and land right back at a Brentford foot, deflections would somehow bounce back out to a Brentford player, the wind would carry the ball perfectly for a Brentford player to control. It was thoroughly bizarre.

Agree with this completely. They are a very good footballing side but we let them play at times , and didn’t help ourselves with really poor passes out of defence

Nothing wrong with that result. Very solid draw. And eliminates Brentford as a realistic rival for top 6 (they needed to win). Though a win would have been huge for us.

Looks like 2 from 6 teams now. Derby, Boro, Bristol City, Preston, Sheffield Utd and Millwall. Very much in the balance. We've negotiated the 'easier' run of fixtures very successfully. But...

- Wolves home. Obviously tough. That said, they're in the midst of a bit of a blip.

- Burton away. Should win that. But on their own turf.

- Forest home. Solid under AK. Feel a bit uneasy about it.

- Sheffield Utd away. Direct rival.

- Bristol City home. Direct rival.

- Derby away. Direct rival.

- Millwall home. Direct rival.

- Ipswich away. Tough one to predict.

Not an easy run-in.

Which one was the ginger bloke in midfield that controlled the game

Woods was his name. Should have been off mind in the first half after that booking on Adama.

Could've been sent off three times with the number of yellow card offences he committed

Dean Windass got sent off three times once I seem to remember.

Didn’t he also injure himself lifting his sports bag out of the boot of his car?? Putting him out for 4/5 weeks? :s

Dean Windass got sent off three times once I seem to remember.

Didn’t he also injure himself lifting his sports bag out of the boot of his car?? Putting him out for 4/5 weeks? :s

I heard he once beat Chuck Norris in a fist fight without even throwing a punch...

Not a good or bad result yesterday but it's a step in the right direction, what do you guys actually think of gaining promotion? Good or thing? Obviously it's great to play at the highest level but last season really was awful, do you reckon pulis would stay and would we be any better? Slightly digressing from from the thread. Sorry

Not a good or bad result yesterday but it's a step in the right direction, what do you guys actually think of gaining promotion? Good or thing? Obviously it's great to play at the highest level but last season really was awful, do you reckon pulis would stay and would we be any better? Slightly digressing from from the thread. Sorry

Yesterday was a good result. Not a great result but a good one. It keeps us 3rd in the form table with 14/18 points out of the last 6 games and with the best goal difference.

For me promotion is always the preferred option. And yes while last season was as depressing as it has been I think TP would do better

The reasons I believe this, is the fact he knows the division. He knows what players and make it and what players he needs to bring in. Instead of the scatter gun approach of AK. Just look where his former teams Stoke/WBA are right now. I reckon their fans would love to have him back