oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford (A) 1-1 (Traore)

Very good opening post Unger! I hope you make the Wolves one aswell!

Random question here for everyone...

Are you all in bed very early? I live in Denmark and the clock is always 1 hour later as in GB ... It's 11.40 PM here and no life in the forum at all ..

I miss some late night action ... Keep refreshing but not much activity after 10 pm :P

Thanks!

And it is a school night you know. I was asleep by 10 last night

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you all in bed very early? I live in Denmark and the clock is always 1 hour later as in GB ... It's 11.40 PM here and no life in the forum at all ..

I miss some late night action ... Keep refreshing but not much activity after 10 pm :P

Thanks!

Wow. I had you down as older than that BU. Do your homework and stay off drugs.

Thanks!

Wow. I had you down as older than that BU. Do your homework and stay off drugs.

Sadly I am older than that. Especially as I've been on this forum for about 8 years. I'd have had to have started when I was about 8 if that was the case :P

Don't think a draw would be the end of the world here, looking down the fixture list this is definitely one of our toughest games left. Brentford should be worried about Boro too though, as a win for us would seriously dent their hopes of 6th. Therefore predicting a cagey 1-1 that nobody really wants to lose.

Concentrate and keep it tight at the back and with Traore we will always get a chance or two to score... how great does it feel to have a player like that in a Boro shirt! Really hope Besic is fit, he is fast becoming a vital component of the team.

Brentford have confirmed that Bjelland is out for a few weeks. Big boost for us.

I don’t care wether you like him or not. I don’t think it’s right to refer o him as “That Bjellend” :s

(Cmon you were all thinking it :D)

Brentford have confirmed that Bjelland is out for a few weeks. Big boost for us.

I don’t care wether you like him or not. I don’t think it’s right to refer o him as “That Bjellend” :s

#AlreadyMadeThatJoke

Awks...

#AlreadyMadeThatJoke

Awks...

Well now I feel like a right Bjellend :(

Ok after watching Brentford on the telly against Cardiff if we learned anything is that they are not too strong defensively though they have one of the best not lose at home stats in the league but they are fast and quick paced attack wise.

Think they will come out of the traps against us and will try to score early as this does seem to be the best way of beating Boro but if we can score first and keep going and not inviting them onto us then I can see a win.

Suspect a draw though tbh

Ok after watching Brentford on the telly against Cardiff if we learned anything is that they are not too strong defensively though they have one of the best not lose at home stats in the league but they are fast and quick paced attack wise.

Think they will come out of the traps against us and will try to score early as this does seem to be the best way of beating Boro but if we can score first and keep going and not inviting them onto us then I can see a win.

Suspect a draw though tbh

Aye, I mentioned about their defensive frailties without Bjelland in that back line. He's their organisational kingpin, so is a huge loss in both in both talent and tactics. Tactically this needs to be astute... Far more so than our recent away performances. They have the players and talent to unlock any side at this level, so we need to be canny about this one.

If we play like we did against Birmingham, then there is every chance of losing this game. Defend in depth by all means when necessary, but we must come up with a tactical plan to keep possession when we clear our lines and to also keep a scoring threat up front. One of the problems is Downing, he simply does not have the legs to be in both attack and defence and consequently ends up in no mans land. I see this tactical frailty when defending deep as our biggest weakness and the likes of Brentford could expose that weakness.

You know what?

After seeing Brentford play yesterday... I think we will give them a lesson! They are without their best defender and tactical pinnacle and they WANT to attack, which will give us lots and lots of chances with a fit Adama, Bamford, Besic, Downing and Howson!

They will come out swinging, trying to get a first goal quick... But the way we can defend and start a counter.. will nullify all threats and give us some goals ..

Expecting a 4-1 win!