• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an interesting suggestion, Row Z. He was a joy to watch at times.

He really was.

Continuing the Italian theme I'd also like Marco Branca, Gianluca Festa and Fabrizio Ravanelli

That's an interesting suggestion, Row Z. He was a joy to watch at times.

He really was.

Continuing the Italian theme I'd also like Marco Branca,  Gianluca Festa and Fabrizio Ravanelli

Imagine signing a newly crowned champions league matchwinner in the summer  :bigeyes:

Wasn't the story that we originally went over to sign someone else (can anyone remember who?) but they said no chance. Then they offered us Rav, who was having none of it until Lippi took him off to into a sideroom, 5 minutes later he was happy to sign for us.

Viduka is a great shout but a player of his credibility would be a big challenge to get him to play in the championship if we are talking strikers for a moment I would say Hamilton Ricard he would play at this level and was a proven goal scorer in the prem for boro

one suggestion for each area .

GK...Schwartzer 

DEF...Quedrue   

DEF MID.....Glover (enforcer extroadinaire)

MID...Emerson

AM.. Spike...ideal for our problem left side issue

FORW...Wilkinson (to suit Pulis) or Slaven for the goals. ..both selected above some bigger names due to championship level rather than premier.

Not been too many hugely successful managers for us for the time I've been watching boro. Robson had us playing exciting football, McClaren won us our first major trophy, Karanka did well in the Championship and Mogga did a decent job with the resources he had. Out of those I'd pick Robson purely based on how good the football was to watch.

With that said I'll defer to my Granddad's judgement - he's always spoken incredibly highly of Charlton.