oneBoro Forum
Borodane

Who would you bring back?

If you could bring one former boro footballer back into the current team who would that be? (And I'm taking Juninho out of the question).

I'd take Viduka back. Think he would be an absolute monster in this team. But considering we really need a good left winger a big shoutout to Johnson if you only look at his footballing ability when he was on top.

Paul Merson for me. Would provide the perfect link between the Midfield and Paddy whilst also chipppng in with goals himself.

How on Earth we ever managed to sign him at that time i'll never know... Guessing it was to play for his drinking buddy!

If you could bring one former boro footballer back into the current team who would that be? (And I'm taking Juninho out of the question).

I'd take Viduka back. Think he would be an absolute monster in this team. But considering we really need a good left winger a big shoutout to Johnson if you only look at his footballing ability when he was on top.

I'd rather have the 2005-2008 Stewart Downing than Johnson like.

I'd take Schwarzer back. Or Rochemback, for the absolute bantz.

Sad as it is as the moment I’d like to have French frank back. Most other position in the team are pretty strong at the moment. Schwazers not a bad shout though

Sad as it is as the moment I’d like to have French frank back. Most other position in the team are pretty strong at the moment. Schwazers not a bad shout though

Would never turn down having Queudrue back like... Loved him!

Viduka for me, the perfect centre forward at his peak. He did most things well, head shoot, score, but was the best holder of a ball with his back to goal that I have seen, you needed to get a no 10 bus to get round that backside to tackle him.

All good calls above Viduka/Schwarzer/Roch:/Merson, apart from Johnson that is.

He was half decent but really not consistant enough to be world class like the rest.

It would be a hard decision who to fetch back given the opportunity but in the end after great thought  I would have to say Emerson.

Has for that left winger how about Bolo Zenden although I think I remember we used him more in central mid towards the end.

Blotted his book abit when he left us and signed for Liverpool,they seemed to have had a few players off Boro on the cheap in the past Johnston/Souness/and whats that German left back we got conned out of by them, and Bolo went for free.  :disappointed:

Southgate next to Gibson wouldn't be the worst partnership though :)

Yes but please don't offer him the player managers job this time..   :D

Yes but please don't offer him the player managers job this time..   :D

I thought Woody was next in line :omg:

George boateng would be perfect in our midfield style

I came on here to say Boateng.

Merson and Viduka both good shouts as well.

How about Emerson? On footballing ability alone, I think he was able to be every bit as good as Juninho, but just didn't have the same drive and application.

Boateng and Viduka, both great shouts who would really improve this team. Zenden is another that comes to mind for me. And Mendieta.

Souness, not that I got to see him play in a Boro shirt mind but those who did say he was the business.

I imagine Wilf Mannion would be a superstar in this day and age.