oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Wolves 1-2 (Bamford)

I just had wolves down as a club with bigger support than that, truth be told. Always had good numbers at Molineux in the 90's and they've re-appeared this season. Thought they would've had more on the bandwagon.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Friday night, the game on TV, odds surely in our favour..................hmmmmmmmmmm!

At least the always winning when scoring first monkey is off our back, but they could change that to not losing after we score first I suppose.

Massive game, Wolves do not do well at our place going for a Boro win!

I still think we'll lose this one. Not really the team you'd want to come back from an international break against. Preparation, sure. But I feel like the lads would have liked to come into this one immediately on the back of some good results rather than wait 2 weeks for it.

Wolves have started to recover from a bit of a blip. I can see us being stuck in our own half a lot of the game, even if chasing. Can see Traore and Downing essentially playing wing-back just to get the ball and the full-backs really tightening in to their centre-backs to try and reduce the space in and around the box. We'll need Traore to be at his best to help keep Douglas at bay and stretch them at the other end.

I just had wolves down as a club with bigger support than that, truth be told. Always had good numbers at Molineux in the 90's and they've re-appeared this season. Thought they would've had more on the bandwagon.

To be fair I think they've averaged about the same in away attendances as we have this season.

Think the train prices over Easter weekend are a bit daft so not too many wanting to make the trip up.

We've a good home record against Wolves over the years but this is a good Wolves side, we can't allow Neves and Saiss to boss the midfield or we'll get well and truly done, and Jota, Bonatini, Afobe and Costa all score goals and Barry Douglas the full back is having a great season 13 assists and 4 goals.

I think we've got our work cut out, but that said, horses for courses, so I'll go 2-2 in a cracker of a match.

We've a good home record against Wolves over the years but this is a good Wolves side, we can't allow Neves and Saiss to boss the midfield or we'll get well and truly done, and  Jota, Bonatini, Afobe and Costa all score goals and Barry Douglas the full back is having a great season 13 assists and 4 goals.

I think we've got our work cut out, but that said, horses for courses, so I'll go 2-2 in a cracker of a match.

I was feeling confident until I read this, they have some good goal scoring players.....

At this stage of the season I don’t think I will be happy with a point. A month ago maybe but not now. We need to be getting three points at home now regardless of opposition.

There's more than one way to travel, it doesn't just have to be on the train. To not sell 2000 tickets at this point of the season is a pathetic following for a club with a supposedly big fan base.

There's more than one way to travel, it doesn't just have to be on the train. To not sell 2000 tickets at this point of the season is a pathetic following for a club with a supposedly big fan base.

I mean, I did cover that... but OK.

What I find a bit pathetic is labelling a team's away following as pathetic. Makes us sound like Leeds fans. There's plenty of potential reasons as to why they won't have sold their allocation.

The fact anyone can justify spending £400-500 a year on a season ticket and then spunk out £100s more on away games what with travel, accommodation and the tickets themselves seems pretty miraculous to me and I think throwing anyone under a bus for not doing the same is what's truly pathetic, especially when referencing their position in the table as a factor towards a financial decision.

What I find a bit pathetic is labelling a team's away following as pathetic. Makes us sound like Leeds fans. There's plenty of potential reasons as to why they won't have sold their allocation.

The fact anyone can justify spending £400-500 a year on a season ticket and then spunk out £100s more on away games what with travel, accommodation and the tickets themselves seems pretty miraculous to me and I think throwing anyone under a bus for not doing the same is what's truly pathetic, especially when referencing their position in the table as a factor towards a financial decision.

I think you're pathetic for thinking I'm pathetic for thinking the Wolves fans are pathetic.

I'm not criticising people who can't afford to go by the way. I just find it hard to believe that out of a pretty decent fan base they don't have at least 2000 fans who can find a way to get to the game.

What does it cost to jump on the Megabus from Birmingham to Boro and have a night here? About £60 I'd guess? How much in a car of 4 people, about £20 each?

Some teams just have better away support than others, as one of the fans says on their forum their away support just isn't that good.

There was a Wolves fan on the radio a few days ago saying Molineaux won't be big enough for them next season, when you hear things like that its surprising at how few of them are travelling here.