• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Negative tactics just to try and frustrate Wolves with three defensive midfieders having nowhere to pass to, and it has got us exactly to the same place where other teams who have tried this. For Gods sake get Leadbitter off he has hardly crossed the half way line and contributed nowt to this game.

It's clear bamford is no good at attacking crosses, yet we still seem to pump then in at every chance, only way bamford is winning anything off crosses is from the byline, downing and friend don't have the pace to do that, so either the striker needs to change or the way we're attacking.

This game enforces just why I hate Leads and Clayton being on the pitch at the same time.

We have to go for it and yet we will remain cautious and defensive

Clayton has barely been in our half to be fair. His role has been closing down their midfield and defence, for sure. I'd prefer him doing Leadbitter's role and Howson on for him. Clayts has bags of energy we know that but he's not quick, he can't keep up when the ball is going from wing to wing every few seconds.

I'm not happy with that half but Wolves are just a better side. Second goal is very disappointing, Randolph must be fuming. He can't account for his defenders not winning the first or second ball, he makes a superb save to keep out the first header and nobody is on hand to flick the deflection away. It's almost like they have accepted the ball is going into the net again and that's poor.

we are so slow in midfield, we are zero threat to them, they are all sitting, noone is breaking lines taking risks. its a nothing game. 0-2 down and they havent had to do anything. we've done nothing can barely get the ball in their half. massive change needed second half. pulis has totally been schooled tactically here for me.

Seriously it not been for our keeper we could be 4 down and we have done nothing in return, yes Wolves are good but on this showing we are bang average

We are bang average though.

Thought we where ok the first 30. My wolve friend was realy scared then, then all of a sudden it was 0-2....

But I guess it depends on how you watch the games. In here 99% are full negative so I am not surprised non in here thought our first 30 was ok.

:-P

Midfield is having a mare. You can't play those 3 with such little pace and Downing as one of the outlets, he is equally slow and can't go anywhere.

TBH this feels like one of the recent away games. We basically sit and do nothing for 90 minutes, try to grind it out. Might sneak a goal. Unfortunately, that doesn't work against a good side like Wolves.

Game over after the second Wolves goal. You just do not play against them by trying to defend like we have, could get a lot worse for our goal difference as the game goes on.

Dont think we been all defending. We got them a bit scared by playing rough, before their goal I think we had got the game where we wanted actually

Really ! We have not laid a glove on them, you have some strange ideas as to football tactics.

Game over after the second Wolves goal. You just do not play against them by trying to defend like we have, could get a lot worse for our goal difference as the game goes on.

Dont think we been all defending. We got them a bit scared by playing rough, before their goal I think we had got the game where we wanted actually

Really !  We have not laid a glove on them, you have some strange ideas as to football tactics.

well the first 30 they dident do anything either, Traore atleast run some circles ;)    My Wolves friend thought 1-0 was in the air. 

Not that strange tactic when you play a superior team realy. It has worked for some other teams in this league against them.

Just going to put it here, as I think we might see 4-4-2 with Britt on, but I really do not think that is the answer right now.

I'd bring on Howson right away for Leadbitter. Give it 10 mins and then think about either taking Downing off, or taking Clayton off and moving Downing into the middle. Bring on Harrison.

Then maybe with 20 to go, bring Britt on to go 4-4-2, or swap Paddy for Britt.

No changes most surprised and I hate it when sky commentators state the obvious as far as we are concerned, we know already!

We can not beat teams in and around us especially top of the table teams