oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Wolves 1-2 (Bamford)

Ridiculous game, thought we were well second best in the first half and with 11 v 11 for 90 minutes we might have got drubbed. They lost their heads after the Costa incident and let us back into the game.

I'm not too disappointed we're still in the playoffs despite a loss and our hardest game is now out of the way. If we get into the playoffs we won't play anyone that good although I still think we'll come up short eventually.

Hopefully a couple of back to back wins to come and we'll all be feeling positive again.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know, I'd rather have lost 2-0 to 11 men. I'd rather have lost 5-0 to 11 men. To lose 2-1, in the nature we did with what felt like 12 men vs. 9 for long enough in the game, that's really disheartening.

Stuart Atwell though, what a signing. If we can keep him fit for the run-in, maybe even get him for every play off game, I think we'll probably go up.

In all fairness, I think Wolves will be disappointed with the referee for the lack of balance and clarity. The Friend thing was something that bugs me about referees. What is his take on that event, I wonder? Because if he doesn't blow for a foul and book/send off Friend, you'd think he'd be giving Costa a yellow for a dive. The only thing he could think is that Costa has tripped over his own feet.

After that, I think Wolves will be annoyed with Neves and a bit annoyed with Doherty too. The 2nd yellow for Doherty was a bit harsh maybe. But other than that, it was their players' fault for responding the way they did. It was petty and unbefitting of the side that had been playing for the previous 50 or so minutes.

I'd say Wolves simply dealt with everything we threw at them but we didn't give a 9-man team enough to think about. They defended very well, great credit to them, but Bamford's goal aside, we were utterly devoid of quality. Ruddy did not have a particularly good game and yet we did not test him nearly enough.

At half time, we could at least use the excuse that we are just not as good as this Premier League team in the making. At full-time, we proved we don't have the pace or the creativity to beat a team with 9 men. We had the ref in our favour and a Wolves team seemingly intent on throwing further men off the pitch and we still couldn't break them down. Bit of a shambles but at least I didn't expect anything from the game.

In the ground it looked like Costa had tripped over his own feet, if that's how the ref saw it I don't see how anyone can complain.

Terrible, absolutely terrible.

Definition of a one man team.

Tactics were embarrassing. Set up to maintain Wolves.

Downing, Shotton, and Besic were shockingly poor.

Traore the only man that deserves any praise after today. And unfortunately he’ll be gone in the summer.

Sorry but that was pure dog s***. Mentally weak. Yes Wolves are good, but they're not that good. Only 3 points clear and they got spanked by Villa a few weeks back.

11 men should be all over 9 men, especially two teams near the top of the same league. We never looked like scoring and it was p*** poor. Okay we scored with the last kick of the game but who cares.

Can we have another international break?

Pulis dinosaur football. We knew what we'd get.

Stupid comment, dinosaur football has got us into the playoffs and winning.

Wolves are a good team. We didn't take advantage of 9 men.

You know, I'd rather have lost 2-0 to 11 men. I'd rather have lost 5-0 to 11 men. To lose 2-1, in the nature we did with what felt like 12 men vs. 9 for long enough in the game, that's really disheartening.

Stuart Atwell though, what a signing. If we can keep him fit for the run-in, maybe even get him for every play off game, I think we'll probably go up.

In all fairness, I think Wolves will be disappointed with the referee for the lack of balance and clarity. The Friend thing was something that bugs me about referees. What is his take on that event, I wonder? Because if he doesn't blow for a foul and book/send off Friend, you'd think he'd be giving Costa a yellow for a dive. The only thing he could think is that Costa has tripped over his own feet.

After that, I think Wolves will be annoyed with Neves and a bit annoyed with Doherty too. The 2nd yellow for Doherty was a bit harsh maybe. But other than that, it was their players' fault for responding the way they did. It was petty and unbefitting of the side that had been playing for the previous 50 or so minutes.

I'd say Wolves simply dealt with everything we threw at them but we didn't give a 9-man team enough to think about. They defended very well, great credit to them, but Bamford's goal aside, we were utterly devoid of quality. Ruddy did not have a particularly good game and yet we did not test him nearly enough.

At half time, we could at least use the excuse that we are just not as good as this Premier League team in the making. At full-time, we proved we don't have the pace or the creativity to beat a team with 9 men. We had the ref in our favour and a Wolves team seemingly intent on throwing further men off the pitch and we still couldn't break them down. Bit of a shambles but at least I didn't expect anything from the game.

In the ground it looked like Costa had tripped over his own feet, if that's how the ref saw it I don't see how anyone can complain.

He definitely didn't, George clipped the back of his heels and he looked guilty as anything afterwards, he knew he'd got away with one. And the ref wasn't that far from it either. I think Wolves had every right to be annoyed about that.

Britt being targeted here is about as embarrassing as anything I've read. Boro fans always have a target and here's the latest. We were awful for 95 minutes so let's blame the one that was on for 15, nice logic. Not the shambolic midfield, awful fullbacks or the 33 going on 53 Stewart Downing.

Britt being targeted here is about as embarrassing as anything I've read. Boro fans always have a target and here's the latest. We were awful for 95 minutes so let's blame the one that was on for 15, nice logic. Not the shambolic midfield, awful fullbacks or the 33 going on 53 Stewart Downing.

Who's not blaming the rest of the team and ONLY Britt? What is this love affair you have with the fella anyway? He's done literally nothing since Pulis took charge that is worthy of any defence.

Pretty *** from us but Wolves just a much better team. Had me a little jealous tbh, and a little dismayed at our current brand of football.

Still all to play for mind, I suppose we could still sneak into top 6, but wouldn’t really fancy our chances against Fulham or Villa.

Who's not blaming the rest of the team and ONLY Britt? What is this love affair you have with the fella anyway? He's done literally nothing since Pulis took charge that is worthy of any defence.

Some might have a love affair with him, but you definitely have a thing against him.

One of my non-Boro mates watched us and text me saying "you just werent good enough. Traore looked good but thats about it. Britt did nothing when he came on. You need a #10, were you playing 3 dcm? Neves wasnt as impressive as ive been led to imagine." Cant fault much of what he said. The Crainie sub summed it up for me, should have been Harrison or Baker. We looked absoluty devoid of ideas. Britt and Bamford dropping deep I cab understand when they have 11 men but they had 9 men and nobody from midfield was overrlapping and filling the void. Britt did pull a nice ball back but Howson hit their defender. Their first goal might have been stopped at source if Clayton didnt tuen his back on the ball when trying to block the clearance.

He definitely didn't, George clipped the back of his heels and he looked guilty as anything afterwards, he knew he'd got away with one. And the ref wasn't that far from it either. I think Wolves had every right to be annoyed about that.

Fair enough I haven't saw it back on tv, I think the only explanation is he thought Costa tripped over so at least in the refs head he's made the right decision.

I think after that they've only got themselves to blame, their players completely lost their heads and might have blown that against a better team than us.

This isn't aimed at you but I don't like the way refs get slammed every game especially in the media, I think when you've got 22 players trying to cheat and deceive the ref for 90 minutes what chance do refs have.

Atwell does have a history of making howlers but honestly did he make any more mistakes today than someone like George Friend?!

Just back from the game. (Well I thought so but reading the forum I must’ve been watching something else)

0-30 mins. Tit for tat no real leader in the game

1st goal. George lost his man ball watching of the highest degree

2nd goal I was in the toilet.

2nd half 45-55 mins tit for tat

55-96. They couldn’t live with us Traore swapping to the left threw them into panic and the only way they could stop him was to foul him.

Down to 9 men was lucky for them because it could’ve easily been 8 (or even 7 if the Ref was stricter with Ruddy)

Frustrating we couldn’t score but if it was a boxing match the red would’ve stopped it.

In summary

Wolves Plan A was much better than Boro’s plan A

Our plan B absolutely battered whatever plan they had left. It should’ve been a draw at least given the chances we had but watching Wolves celebration at the end proves they know they got away with one there.

Uwe’s Controversial points

Traore man of the match and with the ball at his feet unplayable. Without the ball... clueless

Downing played really well (missed a great chance though)

Assombolonga was a waste of a pair of boots.

Craine was a shocking choice and unless Shotton is injured cant figure out why the hell he was on the pitch. Also was crap on the pitch

Let's talk about them subs. Need 2 goals so we swapped a fullback for a fullback. Could've brought Harrison onto the right and Downing into the hole.  For me, subs should be used to change the game.

I think he was concerned Shotton may get the 2nd yellow, that was the only thing I could think of.

Plus Shotton was ***ing atrocious going forward today and Cranie is marginally better.