oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Wolves 1-2 (Bamford)

We're not going to agree, but I will say you're still pushing towards £100 for a game of football even if you do that drive you mentioned. Petrol, Ticket and Food costs.

Car share or not, I can see exactly why there'd be so many fans not making the trip. Especially when it's on Sky as well.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMG_9479.jpg

Their away support is only marginally smaller than ours. We didn't sell out our recent away ticket allocation at Birmingham - there was several empty seats. Same situation; midweek game. So no, when the boot Ian on the other foot, our fans haven't performed any differently.

Sorry mate but it's not the same situation at all. A midweek game on a Tuesday is completely different to a game on a bank holiday weekend.

i dont think you've taken the relative position of each club in to account Snowblind. One's on the cusp of returning to the Premier League the other is greatlu failing to live up to expectation.

Not sure what relevance that has to it being on a work day? And it's not like they can claim the title at the Riverside.

The clamour for tickets when we were in the final straight a few years back was mad. We were regularly taking between 2-5k to away games.

Looking forward to this one. We’ve had a pretty easy run against some garbage teams so I’m interested to see how we fare against the best team in the league. If we manage to win it’ll give the team great confidence going into our run of tough fixtures against direct rivals, coming up to crunch time now!

Has this game been cancelled due to lack of interest I wonder?

Are we all expecting a bad result and dropping out of the top 6

Other fixtures with relevant importance being played tomorrow and all before we kick off apart from Derby

Millwall V Forest

Cardiff V Burton (not that it makes any impact on us apart from we play Burton next)

Barnsley V Bristol City (would love to see a home win here)

Sheffield Wed V PNE (again home win or draw would be good)

Brentford V Sheffield Utd ( home win preferable but a draw would be good as well)

I don’t fancy us Friday. I think it’s been mentioned but I think this break is going to do us more harm than good. A point would be a good one.

It could go either way. By all accounts a few of our players were carrying injuries, and against Brentford we looked like a team who needed a break, but on the other hand, it came right when we were picking up a bit of momentum. The first 10 minutes tomorrow is massive. If we start brightly and get the crowd on their feet, then we have a good chance of making them nervous. 

I don't think they'll have been too happy at the timing of the break either. They've won 2 on the bounce, but have lost their last two against top 6 opposition quite comprehensively.

Having said that, a point would be okay with two very winnable games following this one.

I think momentum counts for a lot in this league. We both have the quality to pick up where we left off but Wolves have a season of consistency in their back pocket to rely on in terms of confidence.. You’re right about the first 10 mins. Think it’ll dictate how the remainder of the game plays out with regards to confidence especially.

I think it’s been perfect for some to have a well earned rest to get over some minor injuries. Plus most of the team will have had a good amount of time with Pulis to have his tactics drilled into them.

Expecting a good performance under the lights and on TV.

A draw is a good result for both sides, so going for 2-2.