oneBoro Forum

Hummel - New Boro kit manufacturer

im happy for a departure from Adidas ...not a fan of the 3 stripes down the sleeves ,but going slightly against the general flow, i dont particularly like Hummels chevrons either so im reserving judgement till i see the finished product. 

id have prefered a more simplistic template ,manufacturer wise ,ie Puma or umbro. i wont argue with the quality side of things but i thought we had some good designs with Errea .

said before that im not one of those clambouring for the white band  but thats just my own particular viewpoint  but i would like to see the Blue/Black stripes on the away shirt again.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the white band shirts when done well, think my favourite shirt that I own is the white band shirt from the season we did short-term local sponsors as the replica shirts didn't have any sponsor on them. Also fond of the 888.com ones, less so the one with the gold edges in Southgate's first season but the first two were pretty good.

That all being said, whilst I wouldn't be wholly against sticking with the white band, I'm happy that we can basically use the red and white however we want. The plain red ones like the first Garmin one and the promotion season, I liked those a lot.

Why do you not want the white band?

because im perfectly entitled to my own opinion.  Same as you are and everyone else  .

Of course your entitled to your own opinion. I think Humpty was just wondering to your thinking behind it, I know I am??

Personally I love the white band. I think we are pulling away from Adidas to get more of a say in what designs we can have. If we have ideas of promoting to the premier league (and then staying there) brand recognition is a absolute must. And for Boro that’s the white band imo. (Although some would prefer the white shoulders which isn’t too bad either)

because im perfectly entitled to my own opinion.  Same as you are and everyone else  .

Of course your entitled to your own opinion. I think Humpty was just wondering to your thinking behind it, I know I am??

Personally I love the white band. I think we are pulling away from Adidas to get more of a say in what designs we can have. If we have ideas of promoting to the premier league (and then staying there) brand recognition is a absolute must. And for Boro that’s the white band imo. (Although some would prefer the white shoulders which isn’t too bad either)

I'm in the white shoulders/white chest brigade

I don't dislike the band and I don't dislike plain red shirts. I understand the affinity with the band and the desire for an identity and I guess that is partly down to when you were born or what memories you attach to a certain shirt.

The first shirt I owned was the ***ens 86/87 shirt with the white chest (with a number 3 on the back because I loved Colin Cooper)

Really hoping it's Hummel I love the retro makes I might even get the full tracksuit even at 35 year old ?

Ha you must be from Stockton. I am and the last time I went back there there was blokes my age wearing full tracksuits both gray flannel ones and the polyester type. Out in the town :s

ok .no problem . i dont dislike the white band at all , i loved the conception in the seventies and there have been some really good versions over the years with it ...and a couple of poor ones aesthetically speaking.  personally my favourite was the diagonal variation a few years back .

i just feel the whole conception of the white band across the chest is limited in its variations and its pretty much been done with one exception ,which i would particularly like to see ....hard to visually explain but maybe the band being broken with the badge in the centre or in the break area to one side . i wouldnt be against a reverse Ajax style or even red and white halves tbh.

its totally down to personal visual preference at the end of the day.

soory if i came across as agressive but unlike you i do question Humpty;s intentions with his style of reply ,its not the first time and  maybe wrongly i read too much into it.

The white band looks better without a sponsor, unfortunately the ramsdens logo keeps spoiling it (this seasons would have been ok without the addition of "currency" !

I agree with wilson about the season with the temp sponsors was the best kit we have had in recent years.

Also - I personally don't necessarily associate boro with the white band, due to me supporting them from the heritage hampers years and my personal "highlight" years in the mid/late 90's.

ok .no problem . i dont dislike the white band at all , i loved the conception in the seventies and there have been some really good versions over the years with it ...and a couple of poor ones aesthetically speaking.  personally my favourite was the diagonal variation a few years back .

i just feel the whole conception of the white band across the chest is limited in its variations and its pretty much been done with one exception ,which i would particularly like to see ....hard to visually explain but maybe the band being broken with the badge in the centre or in the break area to one side . i wouldnt be against a reverse Ajax style or even red and white halves tbh.

soory if i came across as agressive but unlike you i do question Humpty;s intentions with his style of reply ,its not the first time and  maybe wrongly i read too much into it.

A backhanded apology! That’s a first :D

A backhanded apology! That’s a first :D

I rest my case.   

btw i did  answer your original question there