oneBoro Forum

Boro V Burton Albion (A) 1-1 (Assombalonga)

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would like to see Boro's midfield play with more attacking movement today and not see Boro defenders making all the forward moves also would like to see 2 up front and that is anyone one but Britass.

Personally I would drop him into the reserves till the end of the season the guy is just a waste of space.

So thats 3 at the back with 2 wingbacks and 3 in midfield with the 2 up front. 

Thats never gonna happen is it far to many attacking tactics involved silly me for even thinking that way.  ;)

So you want Britt dropped to the reserves but 2 upfront? Who's gonna partner Bamford then Dael Fry?

fletcher?...would that be possible? can he be recalled?.... obviously not today.

This game is very, very important to us, lose or even draw this against the divisions bottom team, and the blow to our morale could be terminal for this season. Burton are where they are for a reason, mostly a defence who keep leaking goals, We need to score first and then keep the pressure on, which means the utter nonsense of playing three defensive midfielders has to cease. personally I would leave Clayton and Leadbitter on the bus, Besic as the defensive cover with Howson linking up with Baker. Downing contributes little from the flanks so bring Harrison in, if he is any good he has to be blooded at some time. Will any of this happen, will it hell, Pulis will stick with his old faithful and we might just scrape a narrow win. Are we improving as a team, I do not think so, we are still capable of beating the lower teams in what is a very poor division, but so lack pace on the left and guile through the middle that we are very limited.

Was Britt actually that bad against Wolves? I don't remember him doing much but then again who really did.

Was involved in the build up to the goal, but also had a few poor touches in the box...

If we go to Burton and spend 90 minutes sitting on the edge of our box, like recent away games Brum and Brentford, I'm going to be very disappointed.

I don't like the current 451, it's far too defensive. I'd like to see us go back to a 4231, or a variation of that, which includes Downing playing through the middle instead of on the left. I don't think you can have him and George on the same wing, it's like watching football in slow motion.