oneBoro Forum

Boro V Burton Albion (A) 1-1 (Assombalonga)

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same old same old, just a total kack of adventure, what does he see in Leadbitter, it is like having to play with ten men. I think Shotton needs to be benched, his positional play lately leaves a lot to be desired. We should have enough to win as I cannot see their defence stopping Bamford and Traore for ninety minutes.

Same old same old, just a total kack of adventure, what does he see in Leadbitter, it is like having to play with ten men. I think Shotton needs to be benched, his positional play lately leaves a lot to be desired. We should have enough to win as I cannot see their defence stopping Bamford and Traore for ninety minutes.

It's the same set up that had us win 3 games with 3 goals scored in each before the international break.

Well the problem i saw last game was that Leadbitter and Clayton were doing the same job at least one of them has been removed for the slightly more attacking Howson. 

Is Downing becoming like a mini version of Chelsea's John Terry (before he left i mean) too big to drop?

Well the problem i saw last game was that Leadbitter and Clayton were doing the same job at least one of them has been removed for the slightly more attacking Howson. 

Is Downing becoming like a mini version of Chelsea's John Terry (before he left i mean) too big to drop?

Not at all... the reason Downing is not dropped is because he’s one of our better players. (Regardless of what’s said on here)

Not at all... the reason Downing is not dropped is because he’s one of our better players. (Regardless of what’s said on here)

Id describe downing as solid which is fine, but i do think we could give someone else a go on that wing whos better going forward tbh ive always said Fabio might actually make a good winger or harrison is sat on the bench.

What exactly do you mean by a lack of adventure?

This team is more than capable of winning this game. Remember Burton are fighting for their lives. I think going all out attack in the midfield would be too dangerous, we're not cohesive enough to do it so we need to take our time and forge opportunities when they leave gaps and exploit Traore's pace to the full, exactly what had got us into the play-off positions again to begin with.

The formation is more of a 4-1-4-1 the 4 behind Bamford will all push forward and Leadbitter will sit and play the holding role.

I'd rather Clayton instead of Leadbitter but I'm happy enough with the team, the shape and the direction were heading in.