oneBoro Forum

Boro V Burton Albion (A) 1-1 (Assombalonga)

No real surprises, the line ups about as good as it gets for us, Pulis as said from day one how much he rates Downing so only injury will see him out of the line up, Leadbitter is a Pulis type player, 100 percenter who produces nothing, thank god we've got a player like Traore.

Big shock if we fail to beat the Leagues whipping boys so I'll go 2-0.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm happy enough with the changes, Downing is a good player but hardly screams goals when him and 3 defensive midfielders are playing, with Howson we now have more balance going forward.

Happy enough with that team. Has to be either Leadbitter or Clayton and not really ***d which one as neither has pulled up trees. Good enough to beat this Burton team, lets just hope we show up!

Same old same old, just a total kack of adventure, what does he see in Leadbitter, it is like having to play with ten men. I think Shotton needs to be benched, his positional play lately leaves a lot to be desired. We should have enough to win as I cannot see their defence stopping Bamford and Traore for ninety minutes.

What exactly do you mean by a lack of adventure?

This team is more than capable of winning this game. Remember Burton are fighting for their lives. I think going all out attack in the midfield would be too dangerous, we're not cohesive enough to do it so we need to take our time and forge opportunities when they leave gaps and exploit Traore's pace to the full, exactly what had got us into the play-off positions again to begin with.

Burton have lost something like 24 times this season with goal difference of minus 42. We should be looking to push them back from the kick off but I do not think this will happen with that selection. I watched us play Brum and though we won we never exploited their weaknesses and gave them far too much respect tactically.