oneBoro Forum

Boro V Burton Albion (A) 1-1 (Assombalonga)

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously, does Cranie not realise Dyer has a touch like a rhino? Lost count of how many times I've said close him down. He's given them a good 5 yards space to think about what to do, no wonder they keep going down that side. He's had a poor game.

Yes they did. If we speaking in relative context of the midfield three. Leadbitter and Besic at least got their foot on the ball. Off the ball they closed players down. I really couldn't tell you what Clayton did on or off the ball. Don't get me wrong none of the three had a good game but Clayton was a waste of a shirt.

Closed who down???  Leadbitter hasn't been able to close people down for about 2 years ffs!  He's constantly off the pace and the only reason he gets away with it is because he's the skipper.   He did nothing on or off the ball mate and he's probably the least accurate passer out of all them, which is saying something when you look at who the competition is.  I think you'll find he's behind the other three midfielders on most stats this season, which is pretty easy to see just from watching him play.   Yeah, none of them were much good but Clayton at least had an excuse, which the other two didn't.  I would have loved to see Leadbitter trying to do the same role, he simply wouldn't be capable of it.  Besic to his credit has looked decent for us but against Wolves I thought he was poor, better than the other two but not as good as he has been.

Boro gone 4-4-2 looking more dangerous according to SSN

Is that not the same as Pulis admitting he picked the wrong team? Now drag Leadbitter and Downing off, put on Baker and Harrison and give us a chance in the second half.

Howson injured?

No. He’s not negative enough for Pulis.

Aye so negative taking a centre mid off for a striker  :sleepy:

No. It’s negative taking our most forward thinking midfielder off and leaving two more defensive on.

Yes they did. If we speaking in relative context of the midfield three. Leadbitter and Besic at least got their foot on the ball. Off the ball they closed players down. I really couldn't tell you what Clayton did on or off the ball. Don't get me wrong none of the three had a good game but Clayton was a waste of a shirt.

Closed who down???  Leadbitter hasn't been able to close people down for about 2 years ffs!  He's constantly off the pace and the only reason he gets away with it is because he's the skipper.   He did nothing on or off the ball mate and he's probably the least accurate passer out of all them, which is saying something when you look at who the competition is.  I think you'll find he's behind the other three midfielders on most stats this season, which is pretty easy to see just from watching him play.   Yeah, none of them were much good but Clayton at least had an excuse, which the other two didn't.  I would have loved to see Leadbitter trying to do the same role, he simply wouldn't be capable of it.  Besic to his credit has looked decent for us but against Wolves I thought he was poor, better than the other two but not as good as he has been.

I saw him clatter Afobe(?) to stop him breaking through on goal. Pretty crucial interception in my book. we're splitting hairs but regardless Clayton can have no complaints over missing out.

This is maybe the worst we've been in a disappointing season. Burton haven't even played well, half the time they pass it off the pitch.

Manager and players need to earn their wages now and come out a different team in the 2nd half.

Maddo on the radio saying that he's "blown away" with how bad that first half was.

Also saying that the players look like they think they are on their holidays already. Pretty shocking, given that it's a seven game shoot out now.

I saw him clatter Afobe(?) to stop him breaking through on goal. Pretty crucial interception in my book. we're splitting hairs but regardless Clayton can have no complaints over missing out.

Clayton was asked to play a role that doesn't suit him and was poor.  Leadbitter was asked to play his usual role and was poor.  I think Clayton can have at least one complaint over missing out.

Was very annoyed with our efforts against 9 men but this takes the buscuit

I honestly thought after that Wolves game we would get a reaction today, but honestly it goes back to what i said even when Monk was here the players have been told by someone I think they are the best in the league and they believe that delusion so dont think they have to work for it. This stinks of the players thinking they'd rock up and turn these over.