oneBoro Forum

Boro V Burton Albion (A) 1-1 (Assombalonga)

How does downing keep getting picked? Pretty mush everytime he gets the ball he plays it back into the cm area, he doesn't have the pace to beat his man anymore.

According to a few on here, he's one of our best players mate  :heart: :liar:

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Howson injured?

No. He’s not negative enough for Pulis.

Aye so negative taking a centre mid off for a striker  :sleepy:

No. It’s negative taking our most forward thinking midfielder off and leaving two more defensive on.

I mean, the proof of the change so far is that it has been beneficial to us going forward. Not that Britt has contributed anything with the ball but his mere presence in the opposition half of the pitch has made a difference.

I prefer Howson to Leadbitter and I see no reason he couldn't play alongside Besic in midfield. But the change wasn't negative in itself. What you're really saying is he's taken the wrong midfielder off and that's not inherently negative.

I saw him clatter Afobe(?) to stop him breaking through on goal. Pretty crucial interception in my book. we're splitting hairs but regardless Clayton can have no complaints over missing out.

Clayton was asked to play a role that doesn't suit him and was poor.  Leadbitter was asked to play his usual role and was poor.  I think Clayton can have at least one complaint over missing out.

Think it was Cavaliero Humpty.. can we both just agree that they're both garbage at the moment? I'd have a 2 man midfield with Besic and Howson.

How does downing keep getting picked? Pretty mush everytime he gets the ball he plays it back into the cm area, he doesn't have the pace to beat his man anymore.

I think that's what worries me the most!

When he was on form earlier in the season I would have agreed, possibly knowing he isn't going to be dropped is affecting his performances?

I saw him clatter Afobe(?) to stop him breaking through on goal. Pretty crucial interception in my book. we're splitting hairs but regardless Clayton can have no complaints over missing out.

Clayton was asked to play a role that doesn't suit him and was poor.  Leadbitter was asked to play his usual role and was poor.  I think Clayton can have at least one complaint over missing out.

Think it was Cavaliero Humpty.. can we both just agree that they're both garbage at the moment? I'd have a 2 man midfield with Besic and Howson.

We could try a 0 man midfield and just pick a load of defenders and attackers  :upside_down:

I think that's what worries me the most!

When he was on form earlier in the season I would have agreed, possibly knowing he isn't going to be dropped is affecting his performances?

He might have just run out of steam?  He did have a decent spell earlier in the season but that seems a long time ago now.  I'd still be tempted to play him through the middle if anywhere at all and get someone with a bit more aggressive attacking intent out wide in his place.

One thing I will say is that this pitch is Sunday League quality, one side of it is all torn up and there's bobbles all over the place.

They've won 2 home games this season so I assume that other teams have coped with it.  We just need to get our act together, we have much better players and they need to show it.  Stop ***ing about and get the three points.

One thing I will say is that this pitch is Sunday League quality, one side of it is all torn up and there's bobbles all over the place.

They've won 2 home games this season so I assume that other teams have coped with it.  We just need to get our act together, we have much better players and they need to show it.  Stop *** about and get the three points.

Oh yeah I wasn't trying to use it as an excuse, merely commenting that it's ***ing terrible.

Bywater handles outside the area, only gets a yellow.

Was complaining he'd been kicked in the head and that was why he was out of the area. Right in front of our fans. Absolutely pathetic. Laughing my head off.