oneBoro Forum

Boro V Burton Albion (A) 1-1 (Assombalonga)

Well, that was dreadful. No drive or impetus from any of our players. We were very lucky to get a point! Just lucky for us that the other results went our way. Noone seems to fancy the Playoffs...

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Assombolonga’s goal record is mostly against the lower teams in the division both here and at forest. He’s a finisher that is deadly in the box but pretty useless outside of it. I’d sell him for 7m in the summer - if we can get it. Reminds me of Kris Boyd.

Awful game, awful result but better than nowt.

At least Bristol are bottling it harder.

Honestly think Millwall will finish 6th you know. The rest of us just having a weekly bottling competition.

Well that was embarrassing despite the eventual point, what will change for the next match, nothing, Leadbitter and Downing will be the first names on the teamsheet and all positivity will be left behind in the dressing room. This team needs to be broken up, but please do not give that job to Pulis.

Have you ever seen a player as bad as Cranie? WTF is he supposed to be? One of the worst single performances I've seen in 30+ years of going. To think we started the season with Cyrus Christie charging forward, now this.

Absolute garbage all over the park. Friend was especially poor closely followed by Cranie. Traore showed glimpses of his former self all effort no quality. It’s hard to slag the formation or tactics as the individual performances were so diabolical no tactic would’ve come off. About the worst performance I’ve ever seen in the last 3-5 years.

Crap result. Crap performance. Crap chance of us getting promoted. Fair assessment?

All except that bit.  We still have a reasonable shout at promotion.  Somehow.

Do we? Even if we do finish 6th, can you realistically see us beating Villa or Fulham when we've come up short practically every time we've played a good side. Just can't see it.

Crap result. Crap performance. Crap chance of us getting promoted. Fair assessment?

Do we? Even if we do finish 6th, can you realistically see us beating Villa or Fulham when we've come up short practically every time we've played a good side. Just can't see it.

Yes we do.  If we finish in the play offs then we have a reasonable chance at being promoted.  Right now we still have a reasonable chance of finishing in the play offs so therefore Id say we still have a reasonable chance of us getting promoted.  Gotta be in it to win it!  :fist:

Absolute garbage all over the park. Friend was especially poor closely followed by Cranie. Traore showed glimpses of his former self all effort no quality. It’s hard to slag the formation or tactics as the individual performances were so diabolical no tactic would’ve come off. About the worst performance I’ve ever seen in the last 3-5 years.

Downing was good again though eh?  :cheese:

I have just brought derby tickets 2 days ago and spent 60 pound on my train tickets ... they might be a set of tickets ill give away later im that upset with today. I was thinking of travelling to Burton today if they sold tickets on the door to watch that....

Villa or Fulham would absolutely spank us live on TV, it'll be a humiliation.

After the last 3 games does anyone honestly think we're gonna pick up points off Millwall, Bristol, Sheff U etc anyway.. cos I don't

Nah we should just give up and die. Thats best. I know Ill not be missed but Ill take a little break from this forum now. I am pregnant and cant get so much negative *** around me.....

Ill see you guys/gals when the wind is blowing more positive again

Huggles

@uwefuchs

I thought George was one of the better players tbf. One of the few actually trying.

You can blame tactics, it Pulis having them sat so deep. It's Pulis telling them to play long balls.