oneBoro Forum

Boro V Burton Albion (A) 1-1 (Assombalonga)

Pulis was mainly brought into the club so fix the mess that Monk, Karanka, Agnew and most importantly Gibson have caused over the past couple of years.

Pulis was told to sort the mess out behind the club first and foremost and then if we reached the playoffs then it was a bonus.

This information has from a senior players family member within the club.

I was informed there has been many changes behind the scenes which has helped improve the club.

In my opinion Pulis is doing a good job considering, and if he is to stay next season regardless the division we are in, expect him to wield the axe.

I for one think it's unfair the criticism that Pulis is receiving.

Mowbray v2?

Im gonna stick my neck on the line and go yep, that statement Pulis made about not asking for any money Gibson has spent enough was a sign of things to come i reckon.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pulis was mainly brought into the club so fix the mess that Monk, Karanka, Agnew and most importantly Gibson have caused over the past couple of years.

Pulis was told to sort the mess out behind the club first and foremost and then if we reached the playoffs then it was a bonus.

I was informed there has been many changes behind the scenes which has helped improve the club.

In my opinion Pulis is doing a good job considering, and if he is to stay next season regardless the division we are in, expect him to wield the axe.

I don't. Regardless of the infrastructure we have a squad full of players capable of achieving way more than we currently are.

I don't. Regardless of the infrastructure we have a squad full of players capable of achieving way more than we currently are.

***, our squad is ageing and isn't good enough compared to others in the league.

That isn't Pulis fault, he could only work with what he had in January and was asked to get rid of players who didn't want to be here anymore

Yeah looking at the team put out today, it doesn't scream promotion, complete lack of pace and creativity bar Traore...

I'm hoping Pulis will target players like Matt Phillips, need a consistent winger that will give a 7/10 performance every game, like we had with Adomah. But I can see a summer transfer window where I'm groaning at every signing.

***, our squad is ageing and isn't good enough compared to others in the league.

That isn't Pulis fault, he could only work with what he had in January and was asked to get rid of players who didn't want to be here anymore

All squads age...i'm not sure why you felt the need to swear either but hey ho.

Randolph 30 (young for a keeper and full ireland international)

Shotton 29 (young for a centre half/in his prime)

Gibson (25 young centre half and full england international)

Ayala (27 young centre half)

Friend (30 not overly old/just passed prime)

Besic (25 young almost in his prime. Full Serbian international)

Leadbitter (32 old)

Howson (29 in his prime)

Downing (33 passed his prime. Ex-England international)

Traore (22 young/Spanish U21's)

Bamford (24 young)

I'd add Assombalonga, Baker, Clayton, Fabio, Harrison, Gestede, Fry..... who are all still relatively young. If nothing else i'd say we need more experience.

Sorry that squad is capable of achieving far more than it currently is, without any question of a doubt.

Quote of the day from the biggest yer da I’ve ever seen, ‘I’m boro through and through but I hope we lose today’

What does that mean?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3Fterm%3DYer%2520da%26amp%3Dtrue

Signs of a boro yer da include but are not limited to:

1) firmly believe Downing is our best player

2) have a permanent semi over the old Holgate End

3) hate the drummer in red faction

4) bald(ing)

Gestede and Clayton are young?? How old are you like Humpty? :)

29 isn't young for a central defender either. I agree with some of what you're saying but some of that above is pushing things to say the least.

We've got very few young players in the first team squad.

Whatever you think of Pulis overall, I don't see how anyone can excuse him setting us up to try and defend our way to victory against Burton. The defence was so deep, practically on-top of Randolph for the full 90 minutes. Then we had the 3 midfielders sat in front and Downing coming deep to collect the ball from the centre-backs. We were left with Adama trying to take 6 or 7 people on and Bamford being knocked off the ball.

Whatever you think of Pulis overall, I don't see how anyone can excuse him setting us up to try and defend our way to victory against Burton. The defence was so deep, practically on-top of Randolph for the full 90 minutes. Then we had the 3 midfielders sat in front and Downing coming deep to collect the ball from the centre-backs. We were left with Adama trying to take 6 or 7 people on and Bamford being knocked off the ball.

Those are our best tactics you're bashing there  :@ :)

Absolutely dreadful performance. The worst I can remember and I have followed The Boro since 93....

Adama was also ***e today .. Looked like his old self.. Tried too much and too dificult options, which made him lose the ball ...

Why all the lost long passes?

So so poor without any spark .. no will, no creativity.. No desire .. No positioning ...

Freaking awful performance and the players should be fined a week pay!

Every time we've had a chance to open a gap between ourselves and the chasing pack we've not been good enough, even Sunderland managed to take 3 points of Burton, stole a point today,, I'd be gutted if I were a Burton fan because we looked like the side fighting relegation not them.

We rely on a couple of players in Bamford and Traore to pose any attacking threat and if they don't click we're ***ed, shocking.

Quote of the day from the biggest yer da I’ve ever seen, ‘I’m boro through and through but I hope we lose today’

What does that mean?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3Fterm%3DYer%2520da%26amp%3Dtrue

4) bald(ing)

Yer Da just about sums me up :D :D :D

What does that mean?

4) bald(ing)

Yer Da just about sums me up :D :D :D

two out of four :( ..... still got me hair :blush:

To be honest, I'm not surprised about yesterday's result. I said in February that it's games like Burton away where I can see us slipping up - we lack the fight to win a battle against sides fighting for their lives in the Championship.

A purple patch of form was simply papering over the cracks; tactically, we're just as two-dimensional as ever. Yesterday was frustrating because we didn't even play to our own strengths against Burton bloody Albion...

Paddy must be frustrated... the service into him is either non-existent or just not the kind of ball which Play s him in to the best of his abilities. It's more of the old 'square peg, round holes' we've seen time-and-time again with Boro at this level.

Still, were 6th still. Somehow. Some sides around us are playing some beautiful stuff though - genuinely can't see us competing against them if we made the playoffs. Starting to doubt we will though...