oneBoro Forum

Boro V Burton Albion (A) 1-1 (Assombalonga)

Having just watched the highlights of Boro v Wolves again, I think Downing could have done a lot better to help prevent Wolves' first goal. He just stands at the edge of the box, watching the unmarked player at the back post. Obviously not his position, but surely he should move over when he sees that danger??

I thought this at the time. He has to either make damn sure that Friend knows Costa is there or go and pick him up himself. He does neither. Should've scored as well.

Totally agree. I actually didn't notice at the time, but watching the highlights it was glaringly obvious. I'm afraid he was lazy.... which we can't really afford at this stage in the season.

leadboots bimbles back in with costa never getting close to him in the build up. as most goals that one was a collection of errors. stop trying to play the blame game on individuals. its not going to lead anywhere other than a battle of opinions.

Yes sir. LOL.

You've got it wrong though. It wasn't a blame game. I have nothing against Downing whatsoever... but seeing the highlights I was a bit shocked that he didn't do more. Especially as an experienced player.

I wondered what anyone else thought, and a Boro forum seemed like a reasonable place to ask.

(And incidentally, if there were a battle of opinions, would it matter? It's not like this forum is AWASH with content).

Oh well... I'll drop it now.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Downing didn't do anything but watch. Tactically, it looks like he's expecting the ones in the middle to deal with it so he can break away when it comes back out on his side... unfortunately, the way it looks is he's just been caught as a spectator and not even communicating about Costa makes it look a hell of a lot worse.

I don't think he's the sole or even the most telling culprit but he definitely doesn't come out of that free of criticism.

I think it is fair to say that a lot of goals scored against us and if we are fingering a blaming point by a Boro player have been started by one of the faithful four.

This will continue until we are finally faithful four free.

But hey what is the point of blaming individuals, we win and lose as a team and that is the most upsetting aspect about the current squad and set up because we can not rely on them producing a display and a needed result when it really matters

Conceding goals isn't our problem. Only 4 teams have conceded less than us. It's scoring goals that has been our downfall this season. 56 goals in 40 games just isn't enough for a direct promotion spot. All 5 teams above us have scored more than us. Wolves have 17 goals more than us! We've covered this to death but our recruitment has been woeful and our tactics are way to cautious. New players and new manager please. That's not a lot to ask is it?

Conceding goals isn't our problem. Only 4 teams have conceded less than us. It's scoring goals that has been our downfall this season. 56 goals in 40 games just isn't enough for a direct promotion spot. All 5 teams above us have scored more than us. Wolves have 17 goals more than us! We've covered this to death but our recruitment has been woeful and our tactics are way to cautious. New players and new manager please. That's not a lot to ask is it?

Quite like the lad at Blackburn myself. Taking them up as champions and top scorers in the league  :D