oneBoro Forum
Downsouth

Boro V Burton Albion (A) 1-1 (Assombalonga)

Well.. not a great start. Big test for Pulis' boys now.

I hoped for more adventure

Then you also need to hope for a different manager.

Yes please.

Not the best of starts. Cranie didnt cover his wing particularly well, but also we didnt bother picking up any of their players in the box at all.

Burton have won 2 home games all season. Boy we're up against it!!!

Clayton did nothing against Wolves to keep his place in todays team. No qualms with that change. Shotton has travelled so i dont think hes injured.

Neither did Leadbitter or for that matter Besic.

Bamford should have done better after being played through there.

Same old same old, just a total kack of adventure, what does he see in Leadbitter, it is like having to play with ten men. I think Shotton needs to be benched, his positional play lately leaves a lot to be desired. We should have enough to win as I cannot see their defence stopping Bamford and Traore for ninety minutes.

What exactly do you mean by a lack of adventure?

This team is more than capable of winning this game. Remember Burton are fighting for their lives. I think going all out attack in the midfield would be too dangerous, we're not cohesive enough to do it so we need to take our time and forge opportunities when they leave gaps and exploit Traore's pace to the full, exactly what had got us into the play-off positions again to begin with.

He probably means that we're playing the worst team in the league who also happen to have a terrible record and we have 3 attacking players in the side.

Btw we are still doing that long throw according to the commentary.

Hopefully the guile of Downing and Leadbitter will come to our aid and this surreal feeling will soon pass!!!!

Loving SSN showing the goals as they go in.. wish they were allowed to do this on Saturdays!

You start with no ambition and you pass the initiative to the opposition, one nil down and I rest my case.

• Latest Posts

• @Erimus74 - you missed the great Leroy Lita as a player for both teams 👍
    • We need a win after the results tonight to keep in touch with the top 6. But is tough as Swansea will go into top 2 with a win. 
    • Shame of  this is it kinda means players have to of showcased their talent's to a decent level before they can come. So the art of finding talent before they have showcased their talent like Brentford do is finished.     
    • Preston seem different team away from home
    • Looking at our current squad and the lengths of they contracts:- Bettinelli - Loan end of season Stojanovic: 2.5yrs left Brynn: 3 yrs left. (option of further year) Spence: 2.5yrs left Dijksteel: 3.5 years left Paddy: 3.5yrs left Fry: 2.5yrs left Wood: Unknwon (Signed pro deal last summer) Coulson: 2.5yrs left Bola: Unknown Johnson: 6 months left Morsy: 2.5yrs left Howson:1.5yrs left Saville:1.5yrs left Wing: 1.5yrs left Roberts: Loan end of season Watmore: 5 weeks left Tav: 2.5yrs left Browne: Unknown Britt: 6 months Fletcher: 6 months Akpom: 2.5yrs left I think from the above tying down Bola, Fletcher and Saville is important. The rest are ok with some further extensions possibly in the summer