oneBoro Forum
Downsouth

Boro V Burton Albion (A) 1-1 (Assombalonga)

Baker must be thinking what the h.ll, Baker was decent going forward.

Wow, Howson off Britt on.

Somehow Leadbitter stays on the pitch.

And then Pulis takes off Howson instead of Leadbitter. At least he put a striker on.

Downing is shockingly crap going forward.

And has been most of the season though a lot of folks continue having faith in him, our faithful four are the main reasons we are where we are

Whether it's confidence or age or just poor form I don't know... but he scuffs and drags every shot wide. No threat whatsoever. The Downing who beats a man and whips in a cross looks long gone to me.

Baker must be thinking what the h.ll, Baker was decent going forward.

Pulis is trying to coach that out of him before giving him a chance. Same with Harrison

Howson off, Britt on? Tactical or injury?

Howson injured?

No. He’s not negative enough for Pulis.

Positive early sub from Pulis.

Aye, in all fairness we have looked a lot better since the change.

With the way things are going it will be no surprise to see SHeff Utd beat Cardiff later on

We concede a corner after Leadbitter misplaces a 5 yard pass to Gibson who can't take it under control and Burton break.

Oh for goodness sake. Twice I've seen Cranie choose not to close down the ball and allow the cross to come into the box from Dyer. No surprise that the goal came from that side.

• Latest Posts

• I think since Woodgate was sacked the plan was to stabilise and then progress in this division. I'm not sure our ambition extended much further than that. 
    • The last 5 games has given us two points per game. If we can keep that up or close to, then we have a realistic shot at the play offs.  No team around us, except Barnsley, has a fixture list as soft as us. Reading, Cardiff and Bournemouth will not gain two points per game in their run in. 
    • But where are we going if we get up? Where are we going if we stay up? What's the point of existing as a football club if not to plan for competing for the next level of honour? Resting on your laurels is a sure-fire way to end up being a nothing club and eventually slip away. I want our club to have a legitimate long-term vision, I want us to put a plan in place with a goal we can be proud of. And I think a reasonable very long-term goal for any club in a position like ours is to plan to achieve the very thing we already have done; win a cup and play in Europe. It might never happen, it might be a pipe dream but there's one way you know for a fact we'll never achieve those goals and it's by never planning for them in the first place, whether your plan is to try and achieve them in 5, 10 or 20 years time. I'm sure there are plenty of people who followed the club long before I did and never expected to achieve what we did in the 00s too, sure they were seen as fanciful ideas but we did achieve them nonetheless. Right now, our vision is barely season to season, we're not in any way pro-active. We barely plan for the future at all, we know this off the back of the Garry Monk summer that has hindered our ability to do pretty much anything for nearly 4 years. Is it really so much to ask that we even think about what we want to achieve in as much as 5 years time when we consider signing players? We can't even do that, let alone anything as 'drastic' as trying to get back into Europe by the 2040s. We signed a player for a record fee on a 4-year deal on big money, we signed another player for a relatively large fee on massive wages for 4 years and within less than 6 months we gave those players to a manager who had *** all idea what to do with them.
    • Warnock is addressing our issues with the lack of pace, that we've all complained about, doesn't believe in paying loads of  money for no end product etc. so as an appointment for this time and place I'm happy enough with it. If at the end of next season, we are no further forwards in regards to consistency then I doubt anyone could argue for him to remain.
    • I'd love what you are proposing to actually happen but I'm just resigned to the current situation.  The Warnock extension is uninspiring, cautious and I can see why some people aren't happy with it. But in the current climate and with whats happened in the last 12 months I can understand Gibsons caution.  I might be wrong but I get the impression that Gibson might be doubting himself as well. When he's used his initiative we've ended up with bad appointments in people like Southgate, Agnew, Monk and Woodgate. I think he feels safer with an appointment like Warnock. I've been banging the drum for going down the foreign route since Karanka left but that seems another route we are unwilling to go down.  I just think this is what we are as a club, the only alternative would be for a new owner and thats not happening either.