oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Nottingham Forest 2-0 (Ayala, Downing)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People are reading too much into the Burton game, if we fail to get top 6 it wont be because we had an off day against a team at the bottom which we have been ruthlessly efficient at dispatching all year, it will be our inability to beat teams in and around the top 6.

Hoping that the midfield 3 formation is dropped for this game, there's not a creative bone between them... if Downing is starting I hope it is through the middle and Harrison on the left or we persist with 2 upfront.

2-1 win, Bamford and Traore to score.

People are reading too much into the Burton game, if we fail to get top 6 it wont be because we had an off day against a team at the bottom which we have been ruthlessly efficient at dispatching all year, it will be our inability to beat teams in and around the top 6.

Hoping that the midfield 3 formation is dropped for this game, there's not a creative bone between them... if Downing is starting I hope it is through the middle and Harrison on the left or we persist with 2 upfront.

2-1 win, Bamford and Traore to score.

Yeah you're right, I think one of two things will happen. We'll either beat a couple of teams around us and go into the playoffs with a bit of optimism, or the run will continue and we'll just miss out due to our continued inability to beat a top 10 team.

If we miss out you've got to say that a number of our players have simply not been good enough, we can't keep putting all the blame on the the managers.

I don't think there's any disputing going on as to where our strengths and weaknesses have been during this season as a whole. That Burton result was a one-off in those terms, for sure.

But that's the last performance we've seen and it's surely much more relevant to our current predicament, where we are taking the rest of the matches on one at a time and needing to scrap to stay where we are in the table. How we approach the next game is much more down to the last 2 or 3 games than it is the rest of the season we've played.

He will get a good reception, I'm pretty sure of that. Even those who didn't like his style of football will at least appreciate that he did a good job for 80% of the time he was here.

I have no doubt Aitor will get a good reception. Almost all of my best memories of Boro in the last 10 years have come under his management. Things weren't great towards the end but even then I'm sure a fair few would have been happy to keep him for another crack at the Championship.

He clearly cared and did what he thought was right.. the football was just too boring and didn't work then his temper let him down once too often.

I've no doubt he'll get a good reception and I'm sure that will continue after the end of the game as long as it's a positive result for us. Rightly so, in my eyes. In a***st the behind-the-scenes issues, he brought a good feeling back to the club and broke one or two records in the process in the promotion season.

I was hugely defensive of him in the PL campaign but I was wrong to continue in that vein for as long as I did. His time was up and I absolutely would not have kept him on for another go in the Championship, nor would I have looked to re-hire him after Monk's sacking.

I have no doubt Aitor will get a good reception. Almost all of my best memories of Boro in the last 10 years have come under his management. Things weren't great towards the end but even then I'm sure a fair few would have been happy to keep him for another crack at the Championship.

He clearly cared and did what he thought was right.. the football was just too boring and didn't work then his temper let him down once too often.

Yeah - thank God we don't have a bad tempered manager now who dishes out boring football.....

He will get a good reception, I'm pretty sure of that. Even those who didn't like his style of football will at least appreciate that he did a good job for 80% of the time he was here.

I'd question your percentage ;)

I'm gonna give him a good boo as all proper Boro fans should but sadly there aren't many proper fans around nowadays  :tear:

I take it the Pulis booing is already underway then?

I started that before he arrived!  ;)

I'm gonna give him a good boo as all proper Boro fans should but sadly there aren't many proper fans around nowadays  :tear:

I take it the Pulis booing is already underway then?

I started that before he arrived!  ;)

I’m already disappointed with our next appointment:s