oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Nottingham Forest 2-0 (Ayala, Downing)

CT "You have to feel for the fella" - maybe it's just me, but I REALLY struggle to feel any sympathy for any footballer earning £50k per week.

(But I'm probably just old fashioned)!

The money he earns is irrelevant.  He's a human being and I suspect he was gutted today and has been quite low in general for a while.  Of course it's entirely possible he doesn't give a *** either way but I reckon he probably does and I feel for him because of it.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Traore wasn't himself today, I don't know whether he was ill or carrying a knock but something wasn't right. I don't think it was Forest doing anything special to stop him, he was just well off the pace.

I agree with the comments about Bamford, he's a class above any other striker we've got. I hope we build a team around him next season but I'm not sure Pulis will.

I think Pulis realises that Bamford is good. If he didn't, surely he wouldn't be playing Bamford ahead of a £15M club record signing. (Not being sarky, I just think Assombalonga would have been the 'easier' option for a new manager to stick with (If that makes sense)).

I was thinking of Gestede when I made that comment, he appeared to be our number 1 striker until he got injured.

CT "You have to feel for the fella" - maybe it's just me, but I REALLY struggle to feel any sympathy for any footballer earning £50k per week.

So basically theres a financial cap on which human beings you can feel sympathy for? I'm old fashioned but money is irrelevant in that respect to me - are you just jealous or something?

The money he earns is irrelevant.  He's a human being and I suspect he was gutted today and has been quite low in general for a while.  Of course it's entirely possible he doesn't give a *** either way but I reckon he probably does and I feel for him because of it.

I echo this, same way I felt bad for Bamford earlier in the season when he wasn't playing / playing well and nothing was going in for him. 

These are human beings. I really hope Britt can turn it around, whether it's here this season or here next or somewhere else, I hope he comes good.

So basically theres a financial cap on which human beings you can feel sympathy for? I'm old fashioned but money is irrelevant in that respect to me - are you just jealous or something?

Of course there's not a financial cap. I was meaning in football related matters though. So I don't feel particularly sorry for a player low in confidence, or who is playing crap, when they still scoop up their massive wages.

Of course there's not a financial cap. I was meaning in football related matters though. So I don't feel particularly sorry for a player low in confidence, or who is playing crap, when they still scoop up their massive wages.

Fair enough - I just don't see why how much someone earns dictates on whether you can feel sympathy for them. If Britt was out gambling, night clubbing and blowing his money on drink and prostitutes then I would struggle to feel any sympathy for him but just because he earns more money,is having a bad time and can't quite put it right for himself and the team for me doesn't exclude him from sympathy - "you say tomato" as the saying goes.

Fair enough - I just don't see why how much someone earns dictates on whether you can feel sympathy for them. If Britt was out gambling, night clubbing and blowing his money on drink and prostitutes then I would struggle to feel any sympathy for him but just because he earns more money,is having a bad time and can't quite put it right for himself and the team for me doesn't exclude him from sympathy - "you say tomato" as the saying goes.

I think you will find it's pronounced "tomato"

I think you will find it's pronounced "tomato"

Actually you are both wrong. It is pronounced

“Fruit of the devil”

Missed the game and any insight to it as away all weekend, but catching up today and seems we did what we had to do, good result.

Now onto a massive game tomorrow night, things are getting exciting!

Missed the game and any insight to it as away all weekend, but catching up today and seems we did what we had to do, good result.

Can't believe there's only 5 games left! This season has flown by.

I was out on my stag do on Saturday so I also missed it. Having watched the highlights and listened to what people have said, sounds exactly that Jimmy. We did enough to win without busting a gut, largely because Forest can't score for toffee and (as we know) Karanka teams struggle when going behind.