oneBoro Forum

The Run In

We just aren't very good. This is a team and manager in the past few weeks could barely land a glove on 9 men... couldn't motivate themselves to beat the worst team in the league, who just lost 5-0 To Hull... and again bottle it playing a side near them in the table.

Bamford and Traore hitting form at the same time helped us turn over several dross teams in a row and is the reason we climbed the table. This run of playing better sides will see us regress to the mean and finish 8th/9th which is about where we are performance wise.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the right decision to sack Monk at the time, I'm not questioning that, but I am faily confident that we would be better off with him still in charge instead of Pulis.

Of the 13 games played against top 8 teams and with 3 to go we have gained 5 points from a possible 39 points making a paltry .38 point return from each game so far.

A possible 9 points ups up for grabs, even if we were to win the return would be 14 from a possible 48 points just under 1 point per game.

We can not deal with those around us simple as that and that is why we will not get a top 6 spot

We just aren't very good. This is a team and manager in the past few weeks could barely land a glove on 9 men... couldn't motivate themselves to beat the worst team in the league, who just lost 5-0 To Hull... and again bottle it playing a side near them in the table.

Bamford and Traore hitting form at the same time helped us turn over several dross teams in a row and is the reason we climbed the table. This run of playing better sides will see us regress to the mean and finish 8th/9th which is about where we are performance wise.

Totally agree with this.

Adama and Bamford have papered over the cracks.

Totally agree with this.

If the football doesn't work out for them they could make a decent living out of decorating.

Big game on Saturday. If we lose to Bristol City, (especially depending on other results) then it could be pretty terminal to our play off chances.

However, just four wins on the bounce, and we're in the play-offs.

Totally agree with this.

Pulis deserves a lot of credit for Traore's form, whether you like Pulis or not he's had a big impact on Traore.

Totally agree with this.

That's the problem we've totally relied on Bamford & Traore to do the business, it shows the lack  of quality in the rest of the squad, had Gestede stayed fit we would be lucky to be in the top10 because Bamford would have been bench warming. I'm baffled as to what Pulis sees in Leadbitter to play him week in week out, because its certainly not performance related.

The midfield are not good enough to dominate a game against the better opposition, and the fact Ayala has more goals than the whole of our midfield put together is absolutely shocking and another cause for concern.

If Pulis stays on I can quite easily see Leadbitter & Downing continuing to be a big part of his plans, because that's his mind-set,so I'll be hoping & praying Pulis isn't here next season, but I've no doubt he will be.

The more I think about the playoffs, the more I’m convincing myself that even if we do scrape our way in it’s just going to end in instant heartache.

14/15 I was confident we could beat any of the teams in the playoffs, we’d done the double on Norwich, the double on Brentford, and smashed Ipswich recently 4-1.

This year we haven’t beaten any of the current top 6, and realistically have shown absolutely nothing to suggest we’d beat them when the pressures on.

How’s that to brighten up your Saturday morning :)

Prove me wrong Boro, I dare ya!

The more I think about the playoffs, the more I’m convincing myself that even if we do scrape our way in it’s just going to end in instant heartache.

14/15 I was confident we could beat any of the teams in the playoffs, we’d done the double on Norwich, the double on Brentford, and smashed Ipswich recently 4-1.

This year we haven’t beaten any of the current top 6, and realistically have shown absolutely nothing to suggest we’d beat them when the pressures on.

How’s that to brighten up your Saturday morning :)

Prove me wrong Boro, I dare ya!

We didn't win the playoffs then though.. So maybe it'll work the other way round this time

The mood on here come 5 pm will be either delight or despair, think this is THE pivotal day in various teams possible fortunes

I'm not even sure a win will raise expectations that much unless it's a brilliant performance as well!

There doesn't seem to be much optimism of promotion even if we do scrape into the playoffs.

I can’t see is beating City or Millwall, so as far as I’m concerned the season is over, we aren’t good enough to go up and don’t deserve to.

This tops my negative post!

But I agree unfortunately. We need not only to beat these two, but convincingly in my opinion (aswell a convincing performance at Derby away) to show that we can rise to these big games.

I can’t see is beating City or Millwall, so as far as I’m concerned the season is over, we aren’t good enough to go up and don’t deserve to.

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, anyone who finishes below 3rd doesn't deserve to go up, whether you think they're good enough or not. Brighton got knocked out in the semis the year we went up, was that a deserved end to their promotion hopes? Not really no, I know plenty before the final game were saying if we did get the point or more that we really hoped Brighton went up but in the aftermath of their match with us, they lost their heads and in terms of the league as a whole, were quite undeservedly left in the Championship.

The play-offs isn't about who deserves to go up. It's not even about how good you were in the 46 games prior. It's all about how good you are in those 2-3 matches. Yes, I highly doubt we can beat any of the other teams in the play-offs but what do you think Sheffield Wednesday were thinking when they played Brighton?

Of course, we have to be in them to win them, we have to be at least the 6th best team in the division to do that. Whether we deserve to be in 6th or higher will be determined by the rest of these games, and from there we see what happens.

I also think we'll struggle to beat City and Millwall, I don't think any of our remaining games look like wins to be honest, never mind the games that potentially hurt teams around us. But we can only hope.