oneBoro Forum

The Run In

Tony Pulis at least shows he cares and tbh over the last few games I have warmed to him a great deal. Age and experience may not count all the time but under certain circumstances they do.

I was greatly impressed with how TP dealt with Besic when he came off a real big hug! boosts anyone

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

give the ball to adama, watch several players flap like chickens as he runs though them. the kid is dynamite and in big games like the playoffs he will decide games on his own.

i fear nobody.

That last minute penalty we conceded to them is really annoying. If they draw on Saturday then any defeat for us puts us below them. Not sure if it’s a good or a bad thing we are playing after everyone else, it’s good to know what we need to do but it can add pressure. That said we know if we go out and beat Millwall we are in the play offs so that should be the aim.

After last nights result think it is fair to say that we should expect the unexpected from all of the teams fighting for the final 2 spots.

Having watched Cardiff live their strength seems to be defence but that was anything but in the second half last night, error after error.

PNE, SU and BC between them will drop points due to them playing each other but it is those teams I believe will not make it due to that fact.

Both Derby and Millwall have to play Villa who after last nights result will have a real chance of top two. Yep up to us we will know just what we need to do come Saturday evening.

Will stick with Brentford getting final spot on the final day

Think it was Duvel asked me if I really expected Fulham to finish second? Last night is exactly the reason why I do. Cardiff have bottled it whenever the opportunity to really cement themselves has arisen.

I doubt they'd do much in the Play Offs either - the pressure of having to go through them after throwing away such a considerable gap previously would be immense.

Think it was Duvel asked me if I really expected Fulham to finish second? Last night is exactly the reason why I do. Cardiff have bottled it whenever the opportunity to really cement themselves has arisen.

I doubt they'd do much in the Play Offs either - the pressure of having to go through them after throwing away such a considerable gap previously would be immense.

Yeah it was me, I don't particularly rate Cardiff that highly I just thought their fixtures were kind enough to get two wins. On current form it was hard to see a Derby win last night but like you say the pressure is on for Cardiff at the moment.

I wouldn't be afraid of playing Cardiff in the playoffs, I mentioned in another thread I think they'll be a broken team if that's where they end up.

Hopefully Fulham go up in second and then we won't have to worry about them in the playoffs or next season if we don't go up. They're probably the best team in the league at the moment and I'd rather avoid them at all costs.

I'm not sure Warnock will be able to attain this level of consistency next season if Cardiff don't go up. I'd be less worried about competing for promotion against Cardiff next season than Fulham.

If Fulham don't go up they'll lose players. I don't think they're all that anyway but this season is full of inconsistent teams and the better teams lacking quality hence a side like Millwall can go on a run and find themselves in contention for the play offs.

If Fulham aren't in the play offs then I'll be a hell of a lot more confident about our chances of promotion as I really don't think there's much between the likes of Cardiff, Villa, ourselves and one of Derby, Millwall or Brentford. Fulham really do concern me; The way they turned the screw on us in the second half of our home match has me concerned about our chances of being able to go toe-to-toe with them in the semi finals. A final concerns me a bit less but they're still the team I really don't want to play.

If Cardiff do drop into the play offs then things could quite easily fall apart for them like when Brighton a few seasons ago when they slipped into the play offs after we pipped them to second spot and they then got knocked out be Sheffield Wednesday in the semi finals. In the past month Cardiff seem to have lost a lot of the games against the better Championship sides so I don't think they're as good as I previously thought they were.

Fulham seem to have the balance spot on and given that they've appeared relatively out of nowhere in the 2nd half of the season, I don't see them being too bothered about being in the play-offs too. I think they'll be happy to keep going and I'd be very surprised to not see them go up if they were in the play-offs. I certainly wouldn't want to be the side having to beat them at home in the first leg to then try and hold onto it in the second leg.

Cardiff on the other hand, I agree that they'll be incredibly disappointed to throw this away. It's been their position to lose for some time now. Psychologically I think throwing 2nd place away will hit them more than it would hit Fulham to miss out after their storming chase.

Who knows what would happen in the final, I think we looked better than Norwich for most the season they beat us, certainly against them we did enough to do the double, even if we had to work hard after a funny goal to hold on to the away win. Then we turned up late and never seemed settled from the start of the game. Not that Fulham should have any trouble getting to Wembley but still, Norwich were by far the best team on the day at Wembley 3 years ago.

The play off match generally has nothing to do with what has gone before I reckon. It’s a Cup Final. We’d have 2 weeks to prepare. I’m still amazed how unprepared I we were under AK. We seemed shocked and tactically froze on the day.

I trust Pulis to guide us through and us have a decent chance of going up.

The play off match generally has nothing to do with what has gone before I reckon. It’s a Cup Final. We’d have 2 weeks to prepare. I’m still amazed how unprepared I we were under AK. We seemed shocked and tactically froze on the day.

I trust Pulis to guide us through and us have a decent chance of going up.

Really? We had similar games that season away at Bournemouth and Watford towards the end. We were generally slow starters that season, and when we conceded first we fell to bits. We got that out of our system a bit the following year, which was a big factor in us going up.

The Norwich defeat was bitterly disappointing, but it wasn't really that surprising, at least not to me.

For me It's not worth being concerned about who we play against in the play off's until we have 100% cemented a place in them.

But. If we finish with 2 wins from 2 I would expect us to be full of confidence and well up for it.

We have left it late but hopefully not too late.

Just got to get the 2 from 2.