• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we'll go up but you never know but agree with Duvel, Wolves, Fulham and the Villa to go up, Cardiff won't be the same next season.

Next season if we are in the Championship its all about recruiting the right players, because we've failed miserably the last few years, and also can we hang on to Traore, because for me he'll rip this division to shreds next season.

Adama won't be playing in the championship next season, with or without us.

More hope than anything else Traore staying, I don't think Traore will be here next season either, should get big bucks for him, and hopefully (prayer mat )spend t wisely.

Pullis will have to completely reconstruct his playing tactics from "give it to Adama"   to    "lump it up"! 

I just hope he has enough time to implement these changes in the close season.

Got to be honest Pulis's type of football isn't my cuppa tea either, never liked it at he's previous clubs, wish there was an Eddie Howe clone kicking about love his style of football.

After playing West Brom away very early in the season last year my comment to my friend was - "I don't know who to feel sorry for the most, the travelling fans or the poor West Brom fans who have to pay to watch that dross every week" (more or less) then we end up with him! - I think most of us would love an Eddie Howe type of manager but it seems that our competition are way better at finding them than we are.

More hope than anything else Traore staying, I don't think Traore will be here next season either, should get big bucks for him, and hopefully (prayer mat )spend t wisely.

Pullis will have to completely reconstruct his playing tactics from "give it to Adama"   to    "lump it up"! 

Got to be honest Pulis's type of football isn't my cuppa tea either, never liked it at he's previous clubs, wish there was an Eddie Howe clone kicking about love his style of football.

After playing West Brom away very early in the season last year my comment to my friend was - "I don't know who to feel sorry for the most, the travelling fans or the poor West Brom fans who have to pay to watch that dross every week" (more or less) then we end up with him! - I think most of us would love an Eddie Howe type of manager but it seems that our competition are way better at finding them than we are.

Obviously good managers out there, Gibson might be better employing the boy scouts to find them rather than the stooges we have at the club masquerading as scouts.

Wasn’t Garry Monk meant to be our Eddie Howe type?

Monks style of football is chalk and cheese compared to Howe's and I'm not just talking about his time here at the Boro either.

Obviously not or he would still be here and we would be enjoying our football and looking at promotion - so because the one person Gibson identified as a "Howe type" wasn't, then we give up and go for anti football which was seen as out dated in the 80's when Wimbledon were playing it - wasn't exactly left as a blueprint for success was it?

Monks style of football is chalk and cheese compared to Howe's and I'm not just talking about his time here at the Boro either.

Maybe the style isn’t quite the same. But wasn’t the theory - young manager, attacking philosophy, etc,

I know it didn’t work out for Monk, but there are very few young managers with attacking philosophies that it does work for. Modern football just doesn’t give them time to develop.

Obviously not or he would still be here and we would be enjoying our football and looking at promotion - so because the one person Gibson identified as a "Howe type" wasn't, then we give up and go for anti football which was seen as out dated in the 80's when Wimbledon were playing it - wasn't exactly left as a blueprint for success was it?

I am yet to see evidence of this ‘anti football’ so far at Boro. We haven’t always been successful in matches. But in other games we have played well and scored plenty of goals. Very few managers are capable of producing a team that wins every week. Especially at a club of our size.

And Gibson brining in Pulis has improved our points per game average and moved us up the table to be genuine play off contenders. So, if not a blueprint for success, certainly an improvement on where we were at Christmas.

I am yet to see evidence of this ‘anti football’ so far at Boro. We haven’t always been successful in matches. But in other games we have played well and scored plenty of goals. Very few managers are capable of producing a team that wins every week. Especially at a club of our size.

And Gibson brining in Pulis has improved our points per game average and moved us up the table to be genuine play off contenders. So, if not a blueprint for success, certainly an improvement on where we were at Christmas.

Its simple all about personal opinion, some fans are happy with the style of football Pulis puts out and some aren't, its obvious were I stand on it.

I don't know what you're all being negative for?  Next season Gestede will be back fully fit and raring to go!

Well that's another 4/5 goals guaranteed then and a couple of assists of course, costs a lot of money to buy quality like that, hold on though 34 year old Daryll Murphy might be available.

2 wins (Millwall / Bristol) , 2 draws (Sheffield / Ipswich) and 1 defeat (Derby) will give us 74 points . Probably squeak into 6th place with that.

Think we'll be lucky to get a draw at Ipswich on McCarthy's last day, even luckier to get a draw tonight. We shall see!

2 wins (Millwall / Bristol) , 2 draws (Sheffield / Ipswich) and 1 defeat (Derby) will give us  74 points . Probably squeak into 6th place with that.

Think we'll be lucky to get a draw at Ipswich on McCarthy's last day, even luckier to get a draw tonight. We shall see!

My memory is that we normally lose at Portman Road.  Not expecting anything tonight or at Derby, either.  We might manage to take the points when Bristol visit (unless the players decide it will be an easy game and switch off!).  Millwall are in very good form and their players will bully ours.  A point would be a good result from that match.  That's what my head says, any way.  My heart swings between wild optimism that we'll somehow beat everyone and then walk the playoffs and acknowledgement that we've been pretty gash this season and don't deserve to be as high up as we are.  Perhaps it's a self-protection strategy, but my gut feeling is that the season will end in disappointment - even if we did somehow manage to stay in the playoffs, I cannot see us beating Fulham/Villa over two games.  Fulham are too good for us and Villa have sussed out how to play against us (we've played them too many times this season...).

I'd rather player Cardiff than Fulham or Villa. We'd be at home first and I reckon if we could take a lead to their ground, we might actually make it to the final. I think either of the other two could take us at home.