oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Sheffield United (A) 1-2 (Ayala)

My gut feeling is that we'll get turned over, as Saturday showed we look extremely shaky when teams put us under pressure.

I expect them to come out and attack us early on and I think the fact that they need to win more than us will be the difference on the night.

^^^ Yep. Agree, that's exactly how I see it too.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as we keep Leon Clarke quiet it should be a routine victory. I know that is easier said that done but with them being at home and really needing to win this one i think that would play to our counter attacking prowess. We already know they will put 2-3 men on Traore but that should free up space centrally or the opposite wing to exploit. To that end we need downing to stay wide and Besic to be further up the pitch than he has been in the more recent games.

. We already know they will put 2-3 men on Traore but that should free up space centrally or the opposite wing to exploit.

Yeah but we never seem to take any advantage of that space! Maybe if we played Harrison instead of Downing, or anyone really with a bit of pace and attacking flair (well... options are limited) then we might take advantage of it, but not while Stu is playing on the opposite wing.

As long as we keep Leon Clarke quiet it should be a routine victory. I know that is easier said that done but with them being at home and really needing to win this one i think that would play to our counter attacking prowess. We already know they will put 2-3 men on Traore but that should free up space centrally or the opposite wing to exploit. To that end we need downing to stay wide and Besic to be further up the pitch than he has been in the more recent games.

I'm not sure we are very good at counter attacking though? When under pressure we just seem to sit deep and back ourselves to weather it leaving Bamford up top on his own. 

When we regain possession I would like to see both wingers bombing on, not just Traore, and someone centrally too for a quick break - but don't think Downing or any of the centre mids (maybe Howson if he is allowed to) have that in their locker. Would love to be proved wrong tonight though!

We can win tonight and it will be a massive boost if we can. We have players that can win us the game no doubt but we need to commit men forward. Howson needs to be lurking on the edge of the area and Traore will need options beside Bamford when he breaks loose. And it would be nice to see a bit of high pressure from the team and not let Sheffield get into their groove.

Completely forgot the match is tonight. Way to make my day so much wor... better!

I think draw is probably best we can hope for. They'll not be happy losing their Yorkshire derby to Barnsley so late in the game and I think they'll be well up for this.

Goals shown as they go in on Sky tonight don't forget!

For such an important game there is very little content on this thread.

I know BD got an all time low for a league game last time round in terms of posts but this will certainly go under it!

Are we all fearing the worst of results I wonder?

So much riding on this game the anticipation is high!

Goals shown as they go in on Sky tonight don't forget!

For such an important game there is very little content on this thread.

I know BD got an all time low for a league game last time round in terms of posts but this will certainly go under it!

Are we all fearing the worst of results I wonder?

So much riding on this game the anticipation is high!

I think its a sign of how disillusioned and disinterested some fans are becoming - I don't want us to go up so theres nothing to anticipate for me except the end of another bitterly disappointing season. Then the buzz of the transfer window as Pullis buys ten Donkeys to get our mouths watering.........not!

Lads and lasses. Spring has arrived, the sun is out and temperatures are going up. And so are the Boro. Optimism is the new era. “Seasons in the Abyss” with Slayer has been replaced with “Hammertime” by MC Hammer. Time to hammer these.

Lads and lasses. Spring has arrived, the sun is out and temperatures are going up. And so are the Boro. Optimism is the new era. “Seasons in the Abyss” with Slayer has been replaced with “Hammertime” by MC Hammer. Time to hammer these.

You been on the local brew again matey :)

I find myself firmly in the glass half empty camp at the moment with the prospect of going up under Pulis actually more scary than staying down and starting again. 

1-1 with Ayala getting ours