oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Sheffield United (A) 1-2 (Ayala)

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Much better second half. If we'd have showed that intensity from the start we'd have got at least a point.

Start fabio next game, anywhere, and tell them all to press, press, press

Does Clayton have a working brain cell?

Based on what... the last shot? Yeah, unfortunately when the referee is about to blow the final whistle and the ball drops to Clayton on his left foot after their keeper has punched it out... Clayton isn't able to pop a beauty into the top corner. What on Earth were you expecting?

Burton 0-5 Hull

And this is why we are in the situation we now find ourselves by not beating Burton, everyone else does

The reason we are where we are is that we cannot beat the teams in the top 10. We generally have been decent against the bottom teams. This leads me to the conclusions - not enough legs/pace (we are outrun by the good teams), not enough creativity (as we all have known for ages) and not enough ability. In the end the players we signed are not good enough, revamp the scouting team.

I don't wanna hear about a battling second half performance, we started slow again and paid the price for it.

We give teams in this division far too much respect, there's no Man City or Liverpool in this division just hard working teams.

The first half was so predictable today.

Fantastic second half...where was that in the first half? going forward id go with this starting line up-

.....................Randolph...................

Shotton..Ayala....Gibson......Fabio

.....................Clayton.......................

.................Besic...Howson.............

Troare.........Bamford............Harrison

Drop downing and friend then i reckon you will get that energy we have been lacking in recent weeks.

Leadbitter was brainless even if people suggest he was unlucky. Either way he gets booked about 15 minutes into every match, so it’s not surprising it changes into a red sometimes..

In his defence, he’s got a lot on his plate with all the things he has to shout at; players, referees, the ball, seagulls, so he occasionally forgets to not foul people. Give the guy a break.

Does Clayton have a working brain cell?

Based on what... the last shot? Yeah, unfortunately when the referee is about to blow the final whistle and the ball drops to Clayton on his left foot after their keeper has punched it out... Clayton isn't able to pop a beauty into the top corner. What on Earth were you expecting?

Generally he is so slow in anything he does with the ball. He even showed it on the edge of our own box where he hadn’t got a clue and got tackled. But yeah that last chance too. It was a very rash decision. Just use a split second to look up.

Drop downing and friend then i reckon you will get that energy we have been lacking in recent weeks.

I'd even give MJ a game, he at least showed energy

That second half was significantly better than what we threw up in the first. I think Pulis deserves some credit for that, to be honest. His mess to clean up of course when he picks Grant Leadbitter who simply hasn't got the legs and the tactics in the first half were crap even before he got sent off. But no doubt in my mind, that second half we were better than United despite being a man down. We actually managed to impose ourselves on them a bit more and certainly put much more pressure on the ball. And hell, we actually got a performance without Traore on the pitch, who'd have thought?

Could be a blessing in disguise, you know. Had Britt had another man to work with up front, I genuinely wonder if that tactic could work for us in the run-in. Worth saying I think Britt did a good job up front considering the situation.

Fabio on his proper side, too (couldn't care less what anyone says, he's not a left-back in any system we could play under Pulis). He did a lot of running though as ever, he threatened to get himself sent off for acting like a child. But that's what Humpty loves about him, so it doesn't really matter.

Clayton also has legs still. He might not be the most dynamic midfielder in the world but it absolutely baffles me that when we have him and Leadbitter available, he chooses Leadbitter. We know what we need one of them on the pitch for, neither of the rest of our midfielders can battle the way them two used to do. Difference is Clayton still can and somehow can't get in the team. Utterly baffling.

Leadbitter was brainless even if people suggest he was unlucky. Either way he gets booked about 15 minutes into every match, so it’s not surprising it changes into a red sometimes..

In his defence, he’s got a lot on his plate with all the things he has to shout at; players, referees, the ball, seagulls, so he occasionally forgets to not foul people. Give the guy a break.

Yeah can you imagine the performance he must have got out of the rubber duck and the bath plug...