oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Sheffield United (A) 1-2 (Ayala)

Leadbitter was brainless even if people suggest he was unlucky. Either way he gets booked about 15 minutes into every match, so it’s not surprising it changes into a red sometimes..

In his defence, he’s got a lot on his plate with all the things he has to shout at; players, referees, the ball, seagulls, so he occasionally forgets to not foul people. Give the guy a break.

:D

I have missed you H4LB

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

That second half was significantly better than what we threw up in the first. I think Pulis deserves some credit for that, to be honest. His mess to clean up of course when he picks Grant Leadbitter who simply hasn't got the legs and the tactics in the first half were crap even before he got sent off. But no doubt in my mind, that second half we were better than United despite being a man down. We actually managed to impose ourselves on them a bit more and certainly put much more pressure on the ball. And hell, we actually got a performance without Traore on the pitch, who'd have thought?

Could be a blessing in disguise, you know. Had Britt had another man to work with up front, I genuinely wonder if that tactic could work for us in the run-in. Worth saying I think Britt did a good job up front considering the situation.

Fabio on his proper side, too (couldn't care less what anyone says, he's not a left-back in any system we could play under Pulis). He did a lot of running though as ever, he threatened to get himself sent off for acting like a child. But that's what Humpty loves about him, so it doesn't really matter.

Clayton also has legs still. He might not be the most dynamic midfielder in the world but it absolutely baffles me that when we have him and Leadbitter available, he chooses Leadbitter. We know what we need one of them on the pitch for, neither of the rest of our midfielders can battle the way them two used to do. Difference is Clayton still can and somehow can't get in the team. Utterly baffling.

Credit to Pulis but like you say it was his own mess to clean up. I'm sick of us playing games like we're scared of the opposition, it's easy to be brave at 2-0 down.

Drop downing and friend then i reckon you will get that energy we have been lacking in recent weeks.

I'd even give MJ a game, he at least showed energy

hmm weird one he should have a point to prove like Fabio did tonight

Does Clayton have a working brain cell?

Based on what... the last shot? Yeah, unfortunately when the referee is about to blow the final whistle and the ball drops to Clayton on his left foot after their keeper has punched it out... Clayton isn't able to pop a beauty into the top corner. What on Earth were you expecting?

Generally he is so slow in anything he does with the ball. He even showed it on the edge of our own box where he hadn’t got a clue and got tackled. But yeah that last chance too. It was a very rash decision. Just use a split second to look up.

I thought he did a great job when he came on tonight. Blaming him for that shot is poor form, mate. It's the last chance of the game after the keeper fumbled it. The box was a scramble and he was on his weaker foot. I honestly still don't know what you wanted him to do. Pick out a pass from nowhere like Iniesta? Bend one in like Messi into the top corner? There was no time for him to do anything but shoot and there wasn't much time for him to do that with a whole bunch of United players ready to close him down. He made the right call but there's no doubt, he needed to be significantly lucky to get anything out of it.

I don't wanna hear about a battling second half performance, we started slow again and paid the price for it.

We give teams in this division far too much respect, there's no Man City or Liverpool in this division just hard working teams.

The first half was so predictable today.

Yup who cares, battled to what... only just losing against a team who's entire squad costs less than one of our subs. And that isn't meant to sound arrogant and disrespectful towards the opponents at all, just proof that once again we're outfought and out thought by a team on a shoestring budget.

If they battled to win 2-3 then yeah great. Not really a positive way to spin this one, it's very disappointing to once again fail against a direct rival.

Hope I'm wrong but I think that's us done for this season. We are too inconsistent. our squad is average and we just can't beat any of our real rivals in the top 8.

I'm not sure where we go from here...we keep doing the same thing and we keep getting the same thing in return...I think we need to change things big time.

That second half was significantly better than what we threw up in the first. I think Pulis deserves some credit for that, to be honest. His mess to clean up of course when he picks Grant Leadbitter who simply hasn't got the legs and the tactics in the first half were crap even before he got sent off. But no doubt in my mind, that second half we were better than United despite being a man down. We actually managed to impose ourselves on them a bit more and certainly put much more pressure on the ball. And hell, we actually got a performance without Traore on the pitch, who'd have thought?

Could be a blessing in disguise, you know. Had Britt had another man to work with up front, I genuinely wonder if that tactic could work for us in the run-in. Worth saying I think Britt did a good job up front considering the situation.

Fabio on his proper side, too (couldn't care less what anyone says, he's not a left-back in any system we could play under Pulis). He did a lot of running though as ever, he threatened to get himself sent off for acting like a child. But that's what Humpty loves about him, so it doesn't really matter.

Clayton also has legs still. He might not be the most dynamic midfielder in the world but it absolutely baffles me that when we have him and Leadbitter available, he chooses Leadbitter. We know what we need one of them on the pitch for, neither of the rest of our midfielders can battle the way them two used to do. Difference is Clayton still can and somehow can't get in the team. Utterly baffling.

Credit to Pulis but like you say it was his own mess to clean up. I'm sick of us playing games like we're scared of the opposition, it's easy to be brave at 2-0 down.

Aye mate, who knows, perhaps Pulis will have seen something tonight from the players that came in to make some changes at the weekend. I think there'll be hell on if he keeps the same tactics and just swaps Leadbitter for Clayton.

I agree with not of that although I don’t think it was in any way a blessing in disguise. It was just poor. And I’d like to see Fabio at left back instead of friend who doesn’t offer anything. It’s not like the left back has to cover a marauding winger.

Tired of hearing them say its time to take responsibility, stand up, be counted, etc. The only counting that goes on is in their bank balances and whether another new car this month or wait til next month.

If we want to go up next season we need to bring in some younger players with energy.

Friend and Leadbitter are finished at this level and Downing doesn't have the legs to play on the left or as a number 10.

We don't have a right back and desperately need some creativity.

It's a good job we've got Gary Gill on the case.

Let's be honest, Pulis has improved nothing. Say what you like about 'not his team' etc - but his hallowed 'experience' alone should've made a considerably bigger difference than it has. My fear at his appointment still lingers; he simply hasn't the adaptability to perform the job required of him.

We owe our position to two names. Traore and Bamford. Their return to average form as oppose to stupendous form has seen us left wanting; it was simply a papering over of the cracks.

If Pulis could get us promoted, I can't think of a better manager to keep us in the Premiership. An appointment to get us promoted, though? I simply don't see Pulis' abilities being an asset in that race. We don't have the ability or tactical nuance to be able to challenge the likes of Fulham, Cardiff, Villa or even on current form and performances the likes of Sheff Utd, Bristol City or Millwall.

We don't deserve to be promoted. We're not good enough. We've not been good enough. Existence is futile, in the Premiership or the Championship.

If we want to go up next season we need to bring in some younger players with energy.

Friend and Leadbitter are finished at this level and Downing doesn't have the legs to play on the left or as a number 10.

We don't have a right back and desperately need some creativity.

It's a good job we've got Gary Gill on the case.

The clear out is going to be massive. I don’t think there is one player I’m really going to miss. Anyone can be replaced.

Let's be honest, Pulis has improved nothing. Say what you like about 'not his team' etc - but his hallowed 'experience' alone should've made a considerably bigger difference than it has. My fear at his appointment still lingers; he simply hasn't the adaptability to perform the job required of him.

We owe our position to two names. Traore and Bamford. Their return to average form as oppose to stupendous form has seen us left wanting; it was simply a papering over of the cracks.

If Pulis could get us promoted, I can't think of a better manager to keep us in the Premiership. An appointment to get us promoted, though? I simply don't see Pulis' abilities being an asset in that race. We don't have the ability or tactical nuance to be able to challenge the likes of Fulham, Cardiff, Villa or even on current form and performances the likes of Sheff Utd, Bristol City or Millwall.

We don't deserve to be promoted. We're not good enough. We've not been good enough. Existence is futile, in the Premiership or the Championship.

I agree with every single word of that