oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Sheffield United (A) 1-2 (Ayala)

Lads and lasses. Spring has arrived, the sun is out and temperatures are going up. And so are the Boro. Optimism is the new era. “Seasons in the Abyss” with Slayer has been replaced with “Hammertime” by MC Hammer. Time to hammer these.

The only sun in Middlesbrough today is the one in the newspaper stand, ***ed down all day in a dull, grey Middlesbrough mind its 5 degrees so I've put my shorts on :)

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lads and lasses. Spring has arrived, the sun is out and temperatures are going up. And so are the Boro. Optimism is the new era. “Seasons in the Abyss” with Slayer has been replaced with “Hammertime” by MC Hammer. Time to hammer these.

That’s more like it BD!

• Latest Posts

• He was probably our top target because he was free and experienced at this level. It's disconcerting when we need three in and we've missed out on a free transfer. Going to be a long summer.
    • Well football is cyclical. They were at the top of theirs back then...as were we. I guess we can count ourselves lucky we didn't bottom out as low as they did.     In one sense they were horrible days. With hindsight we were clearly spending beyond our means...even with Sky's millions. Not saying Southgate would have kept us up without the budget cutting but he'd have had a better chance. We didn't plan long-term to make sure we could sustain our place in the PL...or mount a strong comeback once we got relegated. Just been a series of kneejerk reactions and short-term thinking. On the flip side it was fun while it lasted. I would love to know though if Gibson & the board actually thought the gravy train would ride on indefinitely, or if they were actually aware of the precarious state the club would be in, if the money stopped rolling in... Also, the closest we came to losing our identity was when the stadium was renamed the Cellnet Riverside. No-one was demanding the club change its kit, badge or name, as has happened in some cases.   Ah yes, the days when we were Middlesburgh Celtic. 😁  
    • This is scarily familiar, right down to the team signing our top option!
    • If he was our top target and he has chosen to go play second fiddle to last seasons ‘obviously not top target’ that’s disconcerting.
    • That is the only thing that would surprise me. The scale of the rebuild needed is huge. I don’t see us getting quality and quantity.