oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Bristol City 2-1 (Friend, Ayala)

Middlesbrough vs. Bristol City (Football Match)

From Rickypedia, the free encyclopedia 

Middlesbrough vs. Bristol City (or Boro vs. Robins) is an upcoming football match, starring Adama Traore, Patrick Bamford, Matt Taylor and Increasing Nerves About Playoffs. It is the sequel to the match Bristol City vs. Middlesbrough, which came out on the 2nd December 2017, a game that finished 2-1 to the hosts.

Plot

Getting towards the end of the season, Boro and Bristol City both find themselves within touching distance of the last playoff place in the Championship. They come together at the Riverside stadium, hoping to pull away from one another, while also hoping Millwall and Sheffield United both somehow get no points in their game at 13:00.

Cast

• Darren Randolph as Goalkeeper
  • Ryan Shotton as Centre Back Right Back                
  • Dani Ayala as Striker Centre Back
  • Ben Gibson as Centre Back #2
  • George Friend as Left Back
  • Jonny Howson as Centre Mid
  • Adam Clayton as Centre Mid #2
  • Mo Besic as Yet Another Centre Mid (Centre Mid #3)
  • Adama Traore as Only Attacking Outlet
  • Stewart Downing as Should Be Another Attacking Outlet
  • Patrick Bamford as Forward

The Robins Squad all play themselves.

Soundtrack

Main article: Middlesbrough (soundtrack)

[*]He's Here by Patrick Rid***

[*]Start Slow by Ricky Rude

[*]In Too Deep by Sum 41

[*]He's Gone by Grateful Dead

[*]New Messiah by Fear Factory

[*]Long Ball by Nikonem

[*]Wrong Decision by Geoff Eltringham (Cover Version)

[*]We're Going Up by Tim McMorris

[*]Wait by M83

[*]No We're Not Actually by Dads

[*]Biting Nails by Renegade Soundwave

Trivia

• In the 76 productions between these two sides, Middlesbrough have won Best Win a number of 31 times, while Bristol City have only won 24. A draw, not good for either team in this case, has happened 21 times.

• The first ever production between Middlesbrough and Bristol City was in 1901. Bristol City 1-0 Middlesbrough in League Two.

• Bristol City have won the last 5 times these two teams have played.

[*]

Middlesbrough vs. Bristol City will be released at 15:00, Riverside on the 14th April.

Discussion Topics

What team would you put out for this game?

Do we need another game where we play with three central midfielders?

First goalscorer and score predictions?

Do you think Fabio and Britt may make a start?

Do you even want the playoffs at this rate?...

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm hoping we drop this midfield 3, it's the echoes of last season where we switched to a 4-3-3 and it worked well for a couple of games and then never again...

---------------Randolph

Fabio---Ayala-Gibson---Friend

------------Besic-----Howson/Clayton

Traore------Downing-----Harrison

----------------Bamford

We need to start on the front foot in this one at home. 2-1, Bamford FGS. I think finishing in the playoffs is a good boost for the squad and fans, do I think we'll go anywhere in them? No.

Discussion Topics

Randolph, Shotton, Gibson, Ayala, Fabio,

Howson, Clayton, Downing

Traore, Bamford, Harrison

Yes I don't have a problem with it if we play with some tempo in our game and commit men forward.

1-1 - Bamford

No

Don't care anymore, we're not good enough to get through them anyway.

I'd like to see a change to the 3-5-2. It served us well against a side that were utterly dominating us and lets be honest, we need to change something.

Randolph

Shotton Ayala Gibson

Fabio Howson Clayton Besic Friend

Traore Bamford

We need a system that works for us at both ends of the pitch. In my opinion, that includes making the most of the central midfielders we have. If that means 3 centre-mids, then sure.

2-1 Boro, Howson fgs.

I think there's every reason to suggest they might. They both came on and did well against United, as well as they probably could have done given the circumstances. If we start with the same formation as we did against United... probably not.

Do you even want the playoffs at this rate?

Of course. I want to be in the Premier League. If that means finishing 6th and getting thrashed by Fulham, Cardiff or Villa in the play-off semi or final itself in trying to get there, so be it. Would rather have 0.001% chance of making it to the Premier League than 0%.

Randolph

Gibson

Ayala

Shotton

Friend

Howson

Clayton

Fabio

Traore

Bamford

Assombalonga

3-4-3 which we have the players for I reckon. Win or bust this. We showed last night it’s about pace and power.

Have to agree that this game is *** or bust time a "must win" game as far as us fans are concerned.

Watched the Wolves game last night and similarly with Fulham games in that their midfield and attacking options are terrific and highlights just how slow and dull ours have been this season.

The title of TMIGOTS certainly applies to this but because we have seen so many times that our team does not stand up and be counted when it is needed the most suggests to me that it will continue this time against a team that likes doing the double over us.

Away win on the cards and at best a goalless draw.

What a dour two seasons we have endured

To be honest I would not mind seeing Baker and Harrison play and push Ayala up front as he likes to score!

I am pleased that Tony Pulis has at last identified our slow and sloppy starts so hopefully we will see something different this week? A galvanised forward thinking and fast midfield will surely ensue will it not?

That is something I have liked about Millwall, they seem to try and score as early as possible damaging the oppositions plans early doors and for me to stand any chance we have to score early and certainly before Bristol do

I am pleased that Tony Pulis has at last identified our slow and sloppy starts so hopefully we will see something different this week?  A galvanised forward thinking and fast midfield will surely ensue will it not?

That is something I have liked about Millwall, they seem to try and score as early as possible damaging the oppositions plans early doors and for me to stand any chance we have to score early and certainly before Bristol do

I don't think we will DS. I just don't think Pulis has it in him to motivate or put together a tactic that sees us attack and press high from the first whistle. He says a lot of things but come matchday old habits take over and we set out as must not lose rather than must win. You can't really blame Pulis as that has been his working conditions for the past decade. It's just how it is. I somehow think we are going to scrape a win here, but I wouldn't be surprised at a dour draw or even a loss because it will take us too long to get going.

-----------Randolph-----------

Shotton-Ayala-Gibson-Fabio

--------Howson--Besic--------

Traore---Bamford---Harrison

--------------Britt----------------

Just try and get the first goal. Just at least show some desire in the first half.

I suppose you could argue that we came out quick and very positive against Fulham at home in January so we can do it.

But it was one game that I can remember under Pulis so it's probably the exception rather than the norm.

These are some of the things I was criticising Garry Monk for as well and as time goes on I just wonder whether the problems are deeper than just the manager. Are the players hungry enough? I know the players want to win and they care but have we got the hunger that teams like Millwall and Sheff utd have?

Maybe they are playing without the burden of pressure this season and maybe it's the pressure of expectation that we can't cope with as a club. Whatever it is; something has gone badly wrong from start to finish.

As long as we have the following players playing for us, we're going to be quite a slow immobile team that sits back and doesn't do much going forward:

Leadbitter (anywhere)

Downing (anywhere)

Clayton (in a three man midfield)

Shotton (at right back)

I'd probably go 3-5-2 with Fabio in at right back and Britt playing with Bamford up top.  I don't think Pulis will take that approach though so we'll probably see the same starting line-up as Sheff Utd with Clayton in for Grant.

I don't think it matters how many central midfielders we play, it's their mentality that is the issue.  They're all way too deep which means our one striker is isolated and marked out of the game too easily by opposition centre halves.  Howson was really good 2nd half on Tuesday so hopefully he can get up in support on Saturday a bit more (hopefully we don't go down to 10 men early again!).

1-1 Reid FGS.

I'd like them too but I can't see Pulis picking them.

Yes but I don't think we would advance past the first round.  That said, not many would have predicted a Huddersfield vs Reading final last year - stranger things have happened.

I'd like to see a change to the 3-5-2. It served us well against a side that were utterly dominating us and lets be honest, we need to change something.

Randolph

Shotton Ayala Gibson

Traore Bamford

I quite like this.

It's the only real way we can have Traore in the side and play 3-5-2.

But I don't think Pulis would leave Downing out, especially with Leadbitter already missing. If we did play that formation, Downing would probably play instead of Howson, who had a great second half the other night.

Fabio has to start, for me. It will be interesting to see if/how Pulis fits him in.

Randolph

Shotton Ayala Gibson

Traore Bamford

I quite like this.

It's the only real way we can have Traore in the side and play 3-5-2.

But I don't think Pulis would leave Downing out, especially with Leadbitter already missing. If we did play that formation, Downing would probably play instead of Howson, who had a great second half the other night.

Fabio has to start, for me. It will be interesting to see if/how Pulis fits him in.

I was rather hesitant to drop Downing myself as I think this formation actually suits him more than anything else we have to offer. But like you say, he's going to have to drop Howson to incorporate him and that would be harsh on Howson, who certainly had a better game than Stewey.

I have practically no faith that Pulis can turn this one around. He seems intent on playing a combination of Clayton/Besic/Howson/Leads regardless of the opposition. He has been lucky thus far that Adama has had a purple patch but that has just hidden the deficienies elsewhere as without him we have no pace at all.

Almost want us to be put out of our misery but Top 6 is still a realistic option but will absolutely need wins against Bristol and Millwall

Heart says 3-1 to Boro (but then it always does!) but head says 1-1 and season over.