oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Bristol City 2-1 (Friend, Ayala)

Randolph

Ayala

Fry

Gibson

Fabio

Besic

Howson

Downing

Traore

Assombalonga

Bamford

3-4-3 / 5-3-2 with Traore dropping into a free Role when switching. So adaptable it could even be a 3-5-2; a dynamic system which plays to our strengths. Downing at LM suits his current style of play and his LWB days at Liverpool showed he's capable defensively; probably more so now with the extra experience.

Shotton a possibility in place of Fry. Enough there to cover defensively and Besic/Howson to have the chance to link the midfield to the attack. More for Paddy to work with up top without having to worry about being isolated.

Drastic changes are needed to inject some enthusiasm and desire into the team. Start playing a more dynamic system and utilise the individual talents we have in the side.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that Fabio is back and it went so well the other night I'd love to see 3 at the back in a 3-4-1-2.

Play Britt and Paddy up top with Traore given a sort of free role . Pop up on either wing and run from deep to support the front 2.

I'm sure it will just be Clayton for Leadboots though.

------------------Randolph------------------

-------Shotton----Ayala-----Gibson----

---Fabio---Howson---Besic----Friend

------------------Traore---------------------

--------Britt---------------Bamford-------

I think we need to win both of our home games to have any chance of the playoffs.

Tough game this one - first goal the winner I think.

1-0 to the boro!

Now that Fabio is back and it went so well the other night I'd love to see 3 at the back in a 3-4-1-2.

Play Britt and Paddy up top with Traore given a sort of free role . Pop up on either wing and run from deep to support the front 2.

I think we need to win both of our home games to have any chance of the playoffs.

1-0 to the boro!

If that's the team, I'll bare my backside in Binns window  :cheese:

1-0 to the boro!

That team screams "why get rid of Cyrus Christie" to me and therefore I don't expect  to be seeing Toms backside anytime soon.

1-0 to the boro!

That team screams "why get rid of Cyrus Christie" to me and therefore I don't expect  to be seeing Toms backside anytime soon.

Ha ha, me neither, we can but hope! For the shape change not the bum baring  :funny:

1-0 to the boro!

It really does. Same as mine. That's sad. :(

Another problem we need to solve tactically (a***st many) is that opposing teams are now doubling and trebling up on Traore to crowd him out. The reason they can do this is our deep lying defensive midfielders and our other wing not offering any threat whatsoever. Is Pulis bold enough to solve these problems, no chance, so I guess we just struggle on to the end of the season

Another problem we need to solve tactically (a***st many) is that opposing teams are now doubling and trebling up on Traore to crowd him out. The reason they can do this is our deep lying defensive midfielders and our other wing not offering any threat whatsoever. Is Pulis bold enough to solve these problems, no chance, so I guess we just struggle on to the end of the season

Alas I have to agree with you and what a sad indictment knowing that opposing teams hold no fear about other attacking options, we are so one dimensional :relief:

This aspect about Boro does not bare thinking off because if you do it only confirms just how badly managed the club is in every sense of the word.

I have practically no faith that Pulis can turn this one around. He seems intent on playing a combination of Clayton/Besic/Howson/Leads regardless of the opposition. He has been lucky thus far that Adama has had a purple patch but that has just hidden the deficienies elsewhere as without him we have no pace at all.

Almost want us to be put out of our misery but Top 6 is still a realistic option but will absolutely need wins against Bristol and Millwall

Heart says 3-1 to Boro (but then it always does!) but head says 1-1 and season over.

This is Boro we're talking about. We never do it the easy way. Even if we lose to Bristol City (and Millwall win too) it's not all over.

Millwall will then have us, Fulham and Villa to play. Sheffield United still have to play Millwall, Bristol City and Preston (and Birmingham).

I think Bristol have arguably the easiest run in. With their other two games against Forest and Hull (although Hull seem to have hit a bit of form).

I could see a situation where we need a result on the last day of the season at Ipswich to get in to the play offs... and then go there and put in an abject performance!!! :D

Edit: Having said that, if we can't beat Ipswich on the last day, then we have no business being in the play offs. Their players will be completely in holiday mode, and with no manager to play for. A few hard tackles early on, and they should roll over.

You can add “better do better” by hardfi and “tell me it’s not over” by starsailor to that playlist.

I thought we’d lose on Tuesday and we did therefore I think we’ll win on Saturday.......just kidding I think we’ll toil without much end product, lose 1-0 and pulis will bemoan the fact that people are tackling traore too much when they should just let him run through them, as if he’s someone’s 4 year old that’s playing with the bigger kids for a couple of minutes.

You can add “better do better” by hardfi and “tell me it’s not over” by starsailor to that playlist.

I thought we’d lose on Tuesday and we did therefore I think we’ll win on Saturday.......just kidding I think we’ll toil without much end product, lose 1-0 and pulis will bemoan the fact that people are tackling traore too much when they should just let him run through them, as if he’s someone’s 4 year old that’s playing with the bigger kids for a couple of minutes.

Also:

'Same Old ***' by MC Ren

'Time After Time' by Cyndi Lauper

'No Tony' by Mr. Oizo

'ATTACK' by 30 Seconds to Mars