oneBoro Forum
juninho9

Boro vs. Bristol City 2-1 (Friend, Ayala)

Boro 0-7 Bristol City. Friend to score a hat-trick of own goals and Pulis to bring himself on to grab the all important 7th through his own net.

really really hope im wrong,but sorry, i dont feel confident at all  about this game and think it will be a big dagger in our hearts play off wise.

0-1  reid . :tear:

What a defeatist bunch today. Hope the players haven’t given up.

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure the players don't come on here pre-game!

I actually think we'll win today, I don't know why there's no logic behind it. Just a gut feeling.

I don't think it'll be an exciting game though :)

I actually think we'll win today, I don't know why there's no logic behind it. Just a gut feeling.

That last sentence goes with saying, Duvel. ;)

I had that feeling prior to Sheffield and had build up some positivity inside but was bitterly let down and Boro sucked the last faith out. I don’t think that faith will really return unless we manage to qualify for the play offs. If we do I think anything can happen but that showing against Sheffield has just left me deflated and without expectations.

thought we played well against Sheff U, amst clawed back from 0-2 and 10 men, looking at the chances we should have

also we are heavy favorites on swedish "stryktipset" ( a swedish football gambling thingy, you have to pick 1 x 2 from 13 games) , favorite of the week actually so atleast some belive in us

What a defeatist bunch today. Hope the players haven’t given up.

Pulis has got to change it by giving people like Fabio, harrison or baker a chance, players with a big point to prove and taking off some of the players that have been missing in recent weeks. If he does that i dont think they will be a defeatist boro fan left by the time kick off starts, i think that lift the mood and prove to everyone Pulis is willing to try something different in order to get a result. What Pulis does with that selection will inpact heavily on the game because if he puts out the same team i reckon the people in the ground wont like that one bit.

Like many I think we'll benefit from Leadbitter being out, and I can only pray Downing is also left out for someone with a semblance of attacking threat. He is tidy in possession and can (sometimes) cross well, but is an absolute waste of a wide attacking spot IMO.

2-1 to BC (Reid FGS 10 mins). Spirited Boro fightback in the 2nd half who will huff and puff but ultimately fail to capitalise. Might seem negative but just being realistic based upon what we have seen in recent weeks. If there has been an 'overnight cure' for how we play the top sides then wonderful, I'll gladly be the first to eat my words. But what evidence of that have we seen....

If Boro can match BC for desire and intensity then of course we can do it. But start half ***d like we do most games and give them a head start then forget about it.

2-1 to the Boro with Gibson scoring in 17th minute. There you go I can be an optimist.

I think boro will turn it on today. Hopefully fabio gets a start and we play with the intensity of the second half of the Sheffield game. It really rattles even decent opposition. Sheffield lost all their composure in the second half.

2-0 boro with Bamford scoring our first in the 32nd minute

Think I'll wait for the teams before I submit my DS award winning ticket.

• Latest Posts

• I agree we could utilise European leagues better but look in League 1 there's no standout young strikers and the 'best' striker in the league Toney is priced at 8 million! I think, and the club as well apparently, that getting a new striker on the books permanently is a priority right now so the League 1 options available right now are bleh and I don't see Warnock looking abroad even if he says he is. Reality for us is our 2 senior contracted strikers are our higher earners, we have no intention of extending on their current terms and if you're them why accept reduced terms at their ages so the conundrum is they're probably both available but the club knows it needs to commit to a new striker this summer so that we at least have one on the books next summer otherwise we'll be extorted for any striker we go for and be in an awful position going into that pre season.
    • Before becoming "Proven" those 3 were signed for a combined fee of less than £6 Million by Brentford and Birmingham respectively. Watkins from the lower leagues (Exeter), Adams from Sheffield United (after they were promoted back to Championship) and Maupay from the French 2nd Division. Personally I think we should go the route of looking for a 20/21 (like the 3 above where when they signed), giving them time to develop and play as 3rd choice behind Britt (Proven) and Fletcher (who has just scored 10+ this season). But then Warnock is probably not in the same frame of mind when it comes to playing style as I am and he's probably not thinking long term as it stands.
    • Welcome. Hope you are keeping safe over the pond. I think we are in for a much better season than the last 4 👍🇺🇸