oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Derby County (A) 2-1 (Besic, Assombalonga)

Don't see us getting offers of £20/30 mill for Traore I think offers probably near the £12/15 mill mark, despite what some fans would value him at, yes he's made big improvements, but not consistent over the season so your paying for potential.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't see us getting offers of £20/30 mill for Traore I think offers probably near the £12/15 mill mark, despite what some fans would value him at, yes he's made big improvements, but not consistent over the season so your paying for potential.

This is like saying he's worth marginally more than Jordan hugill. And Jordan Rhodes. Which is frankly bat**** crazy. 25mil plus, easily.

I'd take a draw from this game I think now.. although I think we've got a good opportunity to actually win it. I think the first goal in this game is even more important than usual, and if we manage to score first I think it could make for an uncomfortable afternoon for the Rams.

For an attacking, flair player who only turned 22 in January, accepting a fee below or at the value we bought Britt for would be utter madness. We weren't even willing to accept £20m for Gibson. I know Gibbo is English but he had 2 years on Adama and whilst you might see Virgil Van Dijk going to Liverpool for silly money, defenders don't usually attract the same kind of fee as an attacker.

By all means, we'll get those offers (or at least, other clubs will have that as their minimum valuation before expressing interest to us) but there's no chance in my mind that we let go of a player with the potential to tear apart any defence in 2-5 seconds for that kind of fee.

For an attacking, flair player who only turned 22 in January, accepting a fee below or at the value we bought Britt for would be utter madness. We weren't even willing to accept £20m for Gibson. I know Gibbo is English but he had 2 years on Adama and whilst you might see Virgil Van Dijk going to Liverpool for silly money, defenders don't usually attract the same kind of fee as an attacker.

By all means, we'll get those offers (or at least, other clubs will have that as their minimum valuation before expressing interest to us) but there's no chance in my mind that we let go of a player with the potential to tear apart any defence in 2-5 seconds for that kind of fee.

The talk was we wanted £15-20m last summer, if people believe we'd let him go for less than that now they must be mad. £25m at an absolute minimum for me.

Don't see us getting  offers of £20/30 mill for Traore I think offers probably near the £12/15 mill mark, despite what some fans would value him at, yes he's made big improvements, but not consistent over the season so your paying for potential.

This is like saying he's worth marginally more than Jordan hugill. And Jordan Rhodes. Which is frankly bat**** crazy. 25mil plus, easily.

Its not like saying anything, I just don't believe any club will come in with a bid of £20/30 mill, he hasn't been consistent over the season. Ramirez went for approx. £10 mill and was outstanding in the Championship for us as well as been an International footballer.

Don't see us getting  offers of £20/30 mill for Traore I think offers probably near the £12/15 mill mark, despite what some fans would value him at, yes he's made big improvements, but not consistent over the season so your paying for potential.

Its not like saying anything, I just don't believe any club will come in with a bid of £20/30 mill, he hasn't been consistent over the season. Ramirez went for approx. £10 mill and was outstanding in the Championship for us as well as been an International footballer.

but he had a questionable attitude and has showed a lack of commitment as us and saints. also you have to take into account what adama offers. maximum pace and outstanding dribbling and strength. 

imagine adama at liverpool with mane and salah with him. nobody is going to treble up on him then. if they did the other stars would have a field day in the gaps. i think adama would be outstanding in a team like that, there are not many players around who one v one you can guarentee he will roast them every time. even the best defenders would be left standing. he is unique and will command a much larger fee than anyone else is this league. it wont be just one club after him there will be a bidding war imo. imagine liverpool, citeh and chelsea all wanting him the free will probably end up 30-40 million.

Kev's right, it's the whole package you're paying for, attitude included.

I think we should at least look to get £25m for him, even if we have to settle for a bit less.

Anyhoo ... Back to the game

What is your XI for the game?

Same again, hopefully Bamford will be fit.

Should Adam Clayton keep his spot ahead of Grant Leadbitter?

Yes - Not much between the two though.

Will Adama Traore be here next season? Does it depend on which league Boro are in?

Yep depends where we are but would be very surprised to see him line up in a Boro shirt next season.

What is your favourite goal Boro have scored against Derby County?

Marinelli 2001/2 at the Riverside.

Could our current trend of conceding early goals cost us the playoffs?

Not ideal but Bristol game showed that if you bounce back quick enough it will be ok. If ever a team were ripe for a home defeat it has to be Derby though but to do that I think we need to score first and preferably early to get the crowd against them. Therefore it is a must that we get a fast start for once

As for scoreline - Head says 1-1 but heart goes the usual 3-1 (Bamford , Traore and the obligatory Ayala goals)

Derby have only won 1o of their 20 home games, so it is definately possible to get something from them. They only have 2 wins in their last 12 outings and have lost two on the spin. We simply have to try and rattle these from the start, but being away from home there is no doubt in my mind that Pulis will take it easy and hand the initiative to Derby.

Really? Personally I'd say there's a world of difference between the two right now, if for nothing other than the fact that despite playing 30 games this season, Grant still looks less match fit than Jack Harrison. Clayton might not be the quickest off the mark but he is still more than able to get about, he doesn't look past his best by any means.

Really? Personally I'd say there's a world of difference between the two right now, if for nothing other than the fact that despite playing 30 games this season, Grant still looks less match fit than Jack Harrison. Clayton might not be the quickest off the mark but he is still more than able to get about, he doesn't look past his best by any means.

That and the fact that Grant lately seems to pick up a yellow card early on, which is very dangerous for a player in his position.