oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Derby County (A) 2-1 (Besic, Assombalonga)

I fancy us to nick this 2-1, Derby aren't playing well despite 2 recent wins, Howson 20 yarder Saturday.

Overall, neither are we. We've only had one away win since the start of February, I believe. I'm not convinced we'll get beat, but I don't think we'll get a win here. But that's the barrier we've got to overcome to even get into the play-offs, never mind compete in them. We have to be able to get results in these tough situations now. Fingers crossed!

Yup. The problem for me with last night's result is that we may have to play Fulham for promotion. Unless there is a huge turnaround promotion looks unlikely. Let's hope for an imposing display against Derby

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big game today. I'm so nervous for the lads. If we win this, I think we'll make the playoffs.

Bloody hell, haven't seen your posts in a while. It's just like the good old days. The band is getting back together. Bring on the summer transfer window. :D

Always like playing derby. We usually seem to get a result against them (going by memory only).

Same team as last time, with britt for bam if he's not cleared by the docs. Will be a shame if he does have to sit out as he likes playing against the rams.

2-1 Boro. Ayala and britt to score

My prevailing memory of playing Derby at Pride Park was when Kris Commons scored a brace to help them overturn a 1-0 lead for us. Though it is the only time I've been to Pride Park specifically to see us play.

Was there when we were 3 up and Derby scored 3 in the second half what a game that was.

Massive importance to both teams, playing Boro surely will be the warm up for the Cardiff game in the minds of fans and players of DC or buffer result if they lose to Cardiff so this has to be a "must win" game for Derby.

Absolutely essential that we score first especially away because away form of late has not been that great and I am a poet and everyone should know it!

Hoping to be at PP by 1300hrs on a warm and sunny day

Big game today. I'm so nervous for the lads. If we win this, I think we'll make the playoffs.

Bloody hell, haven't seen your posts in a while. It's just like the good old days. The band is getting back together. Bring on the summer transfer window. :D

Good to see you too mate.

Got a new job and just needed time to let things settle.  Starting to enjoy the season again though. :D

Massive game today, despite yesterdays result i am treating this as a must win because why should we wait till the last game of the season to secure a playoff place when we are going to be nervous and looking at other results if it comes to that. Win today, get a draw or beat millwall then lets relax on the last day playing some decent football against a unmotivated Ipswich side.

Randy

Shotton, Ayala, Gibbo, Friend

Clayton, Howson Besic Downing,

Traore, Britt

Todays starting line up