oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Derby County (A) 2-1 (Besic, Assombalonga)

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent result, Derby's *** has gone for the umpteenth time, quite amusing how they do this every year, don't think they'll get another point, a good result for us against Millwall and Ipswich is just a nice day out and a chance to rest a few players for the play offs.

Job well done. A point next week may well be enough to see us in the top 6 for certain.

Edit - A point next week takes Sheff Utd, Bristol City, Millwall and Preston out of it as far as we are concerned. We'd be left to worry about Derby and Brentford only.

Sunderland aren't down yet are they? Bolton needed a point to make sure of that. They're only as down now as they have been for weeks.

Sunderland have been relegated from the Sky Bet Championship after that late defeat to Burton. They trail Bolton and safety by six points with two games to play. But Burton play Bolton next week, meaning one of those sides will have 41 points and it means the Black Cats won't be able to climb above both and out of trouble. 

I just feel the confidence gained over the last two games us site crucial.

Actually beating two top half teams is a massive plus for me.

Looking like it could be Villa though

I don't think it matters too much in the play offs.  Yeah over the course of the season the teams ahead of us have clearly been better than us hence the gap in points but we'll be looking at a straight shoot out over two games.  Assuming we make it then we won't be favourites but I see no reason not to be positive about our chances whoever we get.