oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Derby County (A) 2-1 (Besic, Assombalonga)

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well if it's Cardiff or Villa, we're looking at a defensively solid team. Cardiff are probably the most similar to us, Villa have got a bit more... shall we say obvious quality? We all know what the likes of Adomah and Snodgrass bring and Grealish seems to be getting better by the game.

But I'd rather play either of them than Fulham. I really don't think our set-up is suited for playing against wing-backs, our entire wide threat is either nullified or we'll leave too many gaps. That Sheffield United away game showed that. And should we make it through, we'll need to approach the first game as our last game. We'll need to win and win well. I certainly wouldn't like to be going to Craven Cottage needing to score a goal.

I don't know whether people put too much stock in this kinda stuff, but Besic celebrated by running over to the Boro fans, patting the badge profusely. Pretty nice touch.

First goal in England

A few weeks ago there was stories about Boro wanting sign Mo and him being interested. Got to think that kinda thing is coming from his agent so hopefully it will happen..

Also, hell has frozen over as Pulis was on the radio talking about how happy he is for Britt.

I said during the game, as have others, but this ref was really, really bad today.

Just all over the place. Giving corners instead of goal kicks, bookings for things that weren't even fouls, even Claytons booking looked pretty soft on replay. Huddlestones booking was soft too.

Fouls both ways not given, thought we were lucky not to give something against Friend on Vydra on the edge of the box.

With the style he'd set with bookings I thought Clayton would be off first half but for some reason he kept his card away this time.

Then at half time he just seemed to put his whistle away and suddenly everything was going and nothing was a foul anymore?

At one point in the second half, he actually directly pointed for a foul to Derby, arm wave and whistle and everything and Boro just kept playing and he let it go on? Did anyone else catch that?

Most inconsistent performance ever.

A few weeks ago there was stories about Boro wanting sign Mo and him being interested. Got to think that kinda thing is coming from his agent so hopefully it will happen..

Also, hell has frozen over as Pulis was on the radio talking about how happy he is for Britt.

Besic has been a great signing, he's exactly the type of dynamic holding midfielder we need, hope we can sign him permanently.

Besic has been a great signing, he's exactly the type of dynamic holding midfielder we need, hope we can sign him permanently.

This is the thing, he hasn't been playing as a holding midfielder. If you listen to his comments today he confirms that. He's playing more as a "number 8" in his words, he's been asked to be more offensive and get into the box, and let Adam Clayton play as the holding midfielder and cover behind him.

At one point in the second half, he actually directly pointed for a foul to Derby, arm wave and whistle and everything and Boro just kept playing and he let it go on? Did anyone else catch that?

I saw that as well. Maddo said the ref was just giving his linesman a 'thumbs up'... not sure what for... Maybe he's just a big fan of his work...

But the Boro players seemed to think it was a free kick as well as they sort of stopped.

Odd! As were many of his decisions today

This is the thing, he hasn't been playing as a holding midfielder. If you listen to his comments today he confirms that. He's playing more as a "number 8" in his words, he's been asked to be more offensive and get into the box, and let Adam Clayton play as the holding midfielder and cover behind him.

The derby commentators was comparing him to Bryan Robson by the way he was constantly popping up in the box. Slightly over the top :) it’s great to see a midfielder finally busting a gut to get into the area and support the striker.

Also that makes 4 assists in two games for Traore now, and 5 goals 10 assists on the season.

5 goals and 8 assists in the 22 games he's played for Tony Pulis.

What an up turn in form that is.

Best away game I have witnessed in ages best away support atmos for quite some.

So glad I went and good to see Trekkers and Will.

Only complaint is that the penalty was so easily avoided.

Traore awesome with really good support from the team.

Very cheeky goal.

Boro players should be encouraged to shoot straight away and Besic so pleased he came good today

If we don’t go up to the prem, with Newcastle in the Prem, us in the championship and Sunderland in Div 1, does anyone know when we had a season without a north east Derby, I can’t think of one must have been yonks ago, over to you stat geeks as I can’t be ***d to try and find out