oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Derby County (A) 2-1 (Besic, Assombalonga)

dont recall millwall being a dirty team like. just stereotyping eh.

us: 77 yellow, 5 reds

millwall: 73 yellow, 4 reds (rank 16th in dis league)

just to put into context these figures, two footballing sides:

fulham: 71 yellow, 3 red

brentford: 66 yellow, 3 red

and the leagues worst team:

preston: 102 yellow, 4 red

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd rest Traore for Millwall, they're going to basically try to murder him and I can see him getting either badly injured or sent off.

We need to protect him at all costs. Without him we've got no chance in the playoffs.

That's a thing I don't understand. Rest your best player at home in a game against a direct rival, just because the opponent might "try to murder him"? You might as well rest him in all games. We have plenty of days to rest between the games these final days, so play the strongest team. There is no need to gamble and field a weakened team in such an important game. Millwall only have 1 defeat in in 18. If we lose we could be needing a win away at Ipswich on the final day. And after scoring in his last outing I'd start Britt again even if Bamford is fit. Thought Britt worked hard even in the periods when he was given very little service.

Too early to talk about resting players for me, we're not there just yet. Need to treat Millwall like a dress rehearsal for the play-offs and gather even more momentum.

It wasn't that long ago we were pulling our hair out after the Burton game so let's not get complacent by dropping our best player.

Yeah play our strongest team against Millwall, see how the results including ours go and then maybe look at Ipswich as the game to rest players.

No point resting players before we are guaranteed, that's asking for trouble

Yeah play our strongest team against Millwall, see how the results including ours go and then maybe look at Ipswich as the game to rest players.

Exactly this - do everything we can to get the win against Millwall then if we do we can rest Adama or anyone else against Ipswich if we need to

Exactly this - do everything we can to get the win against Millwall then if we do we can rest Adama or anyone else against Ipswich if we need to

The rules have been changed after Relegation threatened teams played against 2nd string play off teams last year. Need to play I think 7 or 8 of team that played in previous game.

Yeah the rule states 10 players from the previous game need including on the team sheet. I assume the team sheet includes the bench, so you could realistically rest 7 players but they have to be in the squad.

Yeah the rule states 10 players from the previous game need including on the team sheet. I assume the team sheet includes the bench, so you could realistically rest 7 players but they have to be in the squad.

Our squad is actually so small after the outgoings in January that it would be pretty hard to NOT have 10 of the same players in the squad. We could obviously bring youth players in, but I highly doubt Pulis would do that anyway, more likely just give the likes of Fabio, Crainie, Leadbitter and Harrison starts.

Our squad is actually so small after the outgoings in January that it would be pretty hard to NOT have 10 of the same players in the squad. We could obviously bring youth players in, but I highly doubt Pulis would do that anyway, more likely just give the likes of Fabio, Crainie, Leadbitter and Harrison starts.

totally rotated, can we do that?

we are a cb/stiker short i think? have to bring in the youth like mentioned.

dimi

cranie ------- fry fabio

harrison leadboots baker johnson

------ paddy

To be honest assuming we won against Millwall I cant see any fuss being caused if we changed the team substantially. It's not like Ipswich are having a say at either end of the table. Hell they don't even have a manager.

If we secure our playoff spot on Saturday I still can't see Pulis changing the lineup completely as there is still time to rest between Ipswich and a potential semi final. It's very important to keep momentum and we don't want to go into a semi on the back of a lacklustre defeat at Ipswich. I can only see players rested if they are one or two yellow cards away from a suspension.

I can't believe Pulis would risk Traore against Ipswich if the playoffs are already secured. I think he'll rest 4/5 players for that game if we're already there.