oneBoro Forum
juninho9

Boro vs. Derby County (A) 2-1 (Besic, Assombalonga)

Excellent result, Derby's *** has gone for the umpteenth time, quite amusing how they do this every year, don't think they'll get another point, a good result for us against Millwall and Ipswich is just a nice day out and a chance to rest a few players for the play offs.

Job well done. A point next week may well be enough to see us in the top 6 for certain.

Edit - A point next week takes Sheff Utd, Bristol City, Millwall and Preston out of it as far as we are concerned. We'd be left to worry about Derby and Brentford only.

Sunderland aren't down yet are they? Bolton needed a point to make sure of that. They're only as down now as they have been for weeks.

Sunderland aren't down yet are they? Bolton needed a point to make sure of that. They're only as down now as they have been for weeks.

Yeah they are as Bolton have to play Burton I think.

Sunderland have been relegated from the Sky Bet Championship after that late defeat to Burton. They trail Bolton and safety by six points with two games to play. But Burton play Bolton next week, meaning one of those sides will have 41 points and it means the Black Cats won't be able to climb above both and out of trouble. 

Bolton play Burton next so they are out

Could be fun if both us and Sunderland got out of this league :D

I just feel the confidence gained over the last two games is crucial.

Actually beating two top half teams is a massive plus for me.

Looking like it could be Villa though

I just feel the confidence gained over the last two games us site crucial.

Actually beating two top half teams is a massive plus for me.

Looking like it could be Villa though

I don't think it matters too much in the play offs.  Yeah over the course of the season the teams ahead of us have clearly been better than us hence the gap in points but we'll be looking at a straight shoot out over two games.  Assuming we make it then we won't be favourites but I see no reason not to be positive about our chances whoever we get.

• Latest Posts

• Gibbos new estate is looking nice anyway.  Should distract him from this shower of *** club performance
    • The March international break is far too late. We may not quite be relegated yet then from a mathematical point of view, but we will be in practical terms. We only have 6 matches left at that point, some of which are against teams who may well be fighting for a play off spot. If he thinks someone will come in and win all 6 games and save us then he is totally deluded.   (I know you know this anyway... I am just seriously struggling to see any logic in Gibbo's thinking)
    • I've given the board a bit of a break from my rantings so apologies in advance for those of you who'll read this.  I'm so so sick of how amateurish this club is being run right now. Honestly this season is the first where results don't even particularly bother me anymore, honestly id forgotten about the result until my dad told me about it.  This season is absolute car crash. The summer should've been the perfect time and opportunity to bring in a decent manager who can work with low budgets, but instead we've just wasted it on an amateur who's almost been given a blank card to do what he likes with little repercussions from the above because it would mean Steve having to admit he was wrong.  Having to rely on untested youth just simply because successive managers have spunked money on absolutely awful players, and the top brass have refused to intervene, or at worst they've encouraged these signings.  I'm so fed up with this appointment in particular, because I can't see how any other manager who's only produced 4 wins this close to Christmas would stay in a job, with his only main attribute being that he's a Teesside lad.  And that brings me to the Crux of the problem. The parochialism, the whole "local lad, he's a local lad, proper Boro, Boro through and through him" is killing the club. Karanka, an outside appointment was the first time the club seemed to be even vaguely professional, yet after being failed in the Transfer window, he was sacked and replaced with a god awful manager in Steve Agnew.  The club's transfer policy refuses to look further than the south coast for players, yet some of our best value players were overseas.  Club is an absolute shambles from top to bottom at this moment and nothing at all will change. Well just plod on from loss to loss to draw to unconvincing win. 
    • 4 wins all season is a joke.  Any other manager that wasnt Woodgate would be long gone by now.  In the summer, fair enough, give a rookie a chance. But by christmas time more damage will be done by not getting rid of him.  It is a results business. Repeat. It is a results business.  Woodgate should do the best thing for our CLUB and walk away. Admit defeat and that he was out of his depth.  Gibson should have done this weeks ago. But alas. Here we are.  4 wins all season. 5 points off rock bottom. With the squad we have???? Just when will the tipping point be?
    • It's becoming quite comical now isn't it seeing Woody come up with the same excuses and then the player doing the player reaction more or less saying the same thing lol