oneBoro Forum
juninho9

Boro vs. Derby County (A) 2-1 (Besic, Assombalonga)

Excellent result, Derby's *** has gone for the umpteenth time, quite amusing how they do this every year, don't think they'll get another point, a good result for us against Millwall and Ipswich is just a nice day out and a chance to rest a few players for the play offs.

Job well done. A point next week may well be enough to see us in the top 6 for certain.

Edit - A point next week takes Sheff Utd, Bristol City, Millwall and Preston out of it as far as we are concerned. We'd be left to worry about Derby and Brentford only.

Sunderland aren't down yet are they? Bolton needed a point to make sure of that. They're only as down now as they have been for weeks.

Sunderland aren't down yet are they? Bolton needed a point to make sure of that. They're only as down now as they have been for weeks.

Yeah they are as Bolton have to play Burton I think.

Sunderland have been relegated from the Sky Bet Championship after that late defeat to Burton. They trail Bolton and safety by six points with two games to play. But Burton play Bolton next week, meaning one of those sides will have 41 points and it means the Black Cats won't be able to climb above both and out of trouble. 

Bolton play Burton next so they are out

Could be fun if both us and Sunderland got out of this league :D

I just feel the confidence gained over the last two games is crucial.

Actually beating two top half teams is a massive plus for me.

Looking like it could be Villa though

I just feel the confidence gained over the last two games us site crucial.

Actually beating two top half teams is a massive plus for me.

Looking like it could be Villa though

I don't think it matters too much in the play offs.  Yeah over the course of the season the teams ahead of us have clearly been better than us hence the gap in points but we'll be looking at a straight shoot out over two games.  Assuming we make it then we won't be favourites but I see no reason not to be positive about our chances whoever we get.

• Latest Posts

• I don't think a Red Bull takeover would be ruinous for the club: 1. We already play in red and white, so a splash of yellow in our kit isn't going to change it the way a red/white/yellow kit would materially affect Chelsea or West Brom. 2. Red Bull couldn't change our club's name under FA rules. Our history and identity would be protected to a degree, at least. 3.  It's not like they'd have to build a new stadium to enable MFC to flourish. The Riverside is fine. Again, heritage preserved. 4. If they wanted to rename the stadium the Red Bull Riverside, is it really worse than the BT Cellnet Riverside? 5. Our club is sinking into obscurity at present. Red Bull have a proven track record of making clubs successful, and after the last ten years, we could do with their guidance. 6. There are far fewer ethical concerns about being owned by an energy drinks company than by Emiratis, obscure shell corporations or Mike Ashley. Or Karl Oyston. Or Steve Dale. Or anyone else who decides to make Steve Gibson an offer in future. 7. I'd much rather see people walking around Middlesbrough advertising energy drinks on their replica shirts than the assorted pawnbrokers and bookmakers we've been sponsored by since the late Noughties. 8. It does appear Steve Gibson is losing interest in MFC, and his decision making over the last decade has been fairly absymal. Wouldn't it be nice to have a clear identity, a sense of direction, and a long-term plan? Even a Director of Football, for Christ's sake? As for the reactions of other clubs' supporters, (a) IDGAF, and (b) they'd just be jealous. Red Bull are a typically efficient Germanic organisation who have successfully disrupted every industry they've entered. They know what they're doing. Can the same be said for our current owner, who has been trading on past glories for over a decade?
    • Sorry if this has been asked already but is there going to be a match thread for Barnsley game?
    • Go on then, why are Red Bull so terrible?
    • I guess the main difference is that Red a Bull took over a tiny non league club in Leipzig, rather than an established championship club. I would imagine there was a lot less resistance to change there, than there would be here as Boro already have an estimated identity.    A closer parallel would be if Red Bull came in and took over Blyth Spartans, changed their name to Racing Blyth Spartans and took them up from the Northern National League to the Prem, I’m sure there would be one or objections from die hard fans, but the club would attract many new fans as they rose through the divisions. I guess that scenario would take a lot longer, but be a lot more organic.