oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Derby County (A) 2-1 (Besic, Assombalonga)

To be fair, we could and should have scored at least 4 yesterday. Pulis was clearly annoyed with George for missing that header from a practiced training ground set piece.

Besic really should have added a second as well, it’s not Pulis fault if our players don’t put away their chances, he’s done the hard work on the training ground, to enable them to get into these positions, our players just haven’t been lethal enough in front of goal this season.

A great result and a good performance though, on to the next one.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent excellent result and a solid performance too. Play offs practically assured now. Been critical of Pulis and still don't want him here next season should we not get promoted but hes pulled a few top results out of the bag recently. 

Makes a massive difference to the energy we play with having Clayton (or anyone) in for Grant. Still think we give teams to much respect and pretty much rely on Traore to win us the game but at the moment hes producing so its working. Going to be gutted to see him leave if we don't get promotion.

As for the playoffs. I'd rather Fulham went up over Cardiff but its looking unlikely. Worth noting though that Fulham did pretty much exactly the same last season and crumbled so its not a given they steamroller everyone. In Traore I believe we have the best player in league and if he turns up during the playoffs we win.

As people say if you do make it to Wembley anything can happen, also bare in mind Wembley is a huuuuuuuuuge pitch, traore would have a field day with the space to run into.

I'm pretty sure the Wembley pitch is the same size as the Riverside pitch, (well it was until Pulis narrowed it a couple of months ago).

As people say if you do make it to Wembley anything can happen, also bare in mind Wembley is a huuuuuuuuuge pitch, traore would have a field day with the space to run into.

On the other hand, no long throwins into the box lol

Atmosphere was so good yesterday, the best I've seen in ages. "Derby county - it's happening again!" Cruel... but we owed them one after the 3-0 thumping.

Great to see Howson and Besic having some shots in and around the area, it's something we've lacked from central midfield for years now. Both should have scored in the 2nd half from well worked chances but at least they are getting in the positions.

Britt worked really hard yesterday, glad he got a goal. Traore... what more can be said.

Agree with some others that the ref was very odd.. seemed to flip a coin for whether a foul was a booking or not. My uncle in the car did call that Ayala was going to give a penalty away from a corner soon after watching him against Bristol last week..

Hitting form at just the right time, can afford to draw with Millwall but need to go into the play offs firing on full confidence. Looks like Villa at the Riverside on Saturday 12th to me!

We've won 80% of our games with the midfield 3 of Howson, Clayton and Besic starting. Also unbeaten in those games.

I really hope Pulis has got the message that Leadbitter isn't needed in the starting lineup.

Derby weren't great yesterday. If we can put in a competent performance against Millwall, i'll give us a chance in the play offs. The last two games, particularly Bristol City, have changed my mind a touch. We're now capable of beating good teams, however beating Bristol City and an out of form Derby isn't the same as beating Cardiff, Villa or Fulham. Very positive result yesterday and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Well I admit I am surprised and delighted but is 4 points from two games possible. I am not so worried about the play offs because anything can happen and the form book is void.

We don't need 4 points from 2 games, we need 3. In fact, unless Brentford win both their remaining fixtures, a draw with Millwall would be sufficient.

Yup, beat Millwall and we are officially there. Draw against Millwall and we are basically there.

Ipswich were horrendous yesterday, they gave up against Villa - watch the highlights for last two goals. I think we'll beat them.

I'm pretty sure the Wembley pitch is the same size as the Riverside pitch, (well it was until Pulis narrowed it a couple of months ago).

You make a good point, the pitch at Wembley always looks so big but after checking my point is totally invalid....... In that case... We're doomed.

I'd rest Traore for Millwall, they're going to basically try to murder him and I can see him getting either badly injured or sent off.

We need to protect him at all costs. Without him we've got no chance in the playoffs.

Not a bad shout tbh, maybe give a Harrison a chance he causes teams problems because he always looks to go forward when he gets the ball. Im not sure about Bamford either, I want Bamford for the playoffs and too see the job through against Ipswich who are not a dirty team, so i for this one would start Britt.

Everyone has tried to kill Traore when we play him as a strategy. I don't think even Millwall will go beyond what we've already seen in trying to stop him. I'd still play him. Think it sends a bad message out if we don't pick our strongest team for our last home league game too. Think we'll be asking to get shafted.