oneBoro Forum
juninho9

Boro vs. Derby County (A) 2-1 (Besic, Assombalonga)

Should Adam Clayton keep his spot ahead of Grant Leadbitter?

Yes - Not much between the two though.

Really? Personally I'd say there's a world of difference between the two right now, if for nothing other than the fact that despite playing 30 games this season, Grant still looks less match fit than Jack Harrison. Clayton might not be the quickest off the mark but he is still more than able to get about, he doesn't look past his best by any means.

I think you're missing the point there Wilson. At his age, playing the position he plays in, he's clearly suffering from fatigue.

I'd keep the same team probably. Don't fancy this one though. 1-0 defeat.

Really hope we can change our fortunes around away from home if we are to make it an exciting end to the season. Trying not to get ahead of myself after previous years but I will have a keen interest in tonight's game should I not have anything else planned. We need to show our intent from the start tomorrow; let's get at 'em!

Don't see us getting  offers of £20/30 mill for Traore I think offers probably near the £12/15 mill mark, despite what some fans would value him at, yes he's made big improvements, but not consistent over the season so your paying for potential.

This is like saying he's worth marginally more than Jordan hugill. And Jordan Rhodes. Which is frankly bat**** crazy. 25mil plus, easily.

Its not like saying anything, I just don't believe any club will come in with a bid of £20/30 mill, he hasn't been consistent over the season. Ramirez went for approx. £10 mill and was outstanding in the Championship for us as well as been an International footballer.

but he had a questionable attitude and has showed a lack of commitment as us and saints. also you have to take into account what adama offers. maximum pace and outstanding dribbling and strength. 

imagine adama at liverpool with mane and salah with him. nobody is going to treble up on him then. if they did the other stars would have a field day in the gaps. i think adama would be outstanding in a team like that, there are not many players around who one v one you can guarentee he will roast them every time. even the best defenders would be left standing. he is unique and will command a much larger fee than anyone else is this league. it wont be just one club after him there will be a bidding war imo. imagine liverpool, citeh and chelsea all wanting him the free will probably end up 30-40 million.

If Traore does go which is highly likely I hope I'm wrong and we do get £25 mill plus for him I just don't think we will.

Really? Personally I'd say there's a world of difference between the two right now, if for nothing other than the fact that despite playing 30 games this season, Grant still looks less match fit than Jack Harrison. Clayton might not be the quickest off the mark but he is still more than able to get about, he doesn't look past his best by any means.

I think you're missing the point there Wilson. At his age, playing the position he plays in, he's clearly suffering from fatigue.

He's not that old, 32 is an okay age for a centre mid. There are plenty of midfielders around his age that don't look as leggy as him at this stage of the season having played similar numbers of games.

I think his injury last year has knackered him. He's looked a step off the pace most of this season, Not just recently so it's not fatigue. Massive priority in the summer to replace him.

Spot on NB. Grant managed 40 games two years ago without ever looking as off the pace as he has done this year, he was easily on par with Clayton in terms of energy and ability to get around the pitch. Not buying that with 10 less games under his belt (some of which he's only had about 60 minutes on the pitch) that he's just suffering from fatigue. Looks even worse than when we seen him last year, to be honest.

He's not that old, 32 is an okay age for a centre mid. There are plenty of midfielders around his age that don't look as leggy as him at this stage of the season having played similar numbers of games.

I think his injury last year has knackered him. He's looked a step off the pace most of this season, Not just recently so it's not fatigue. Massive priority in the summer to replace him.

Why do you think you've seen him come off more often this season? The proof is in the pudding lads. He's getting old and his legs are failing him. There's no shame in that, he just needs using more sparingly.

Bamford unlikely according to Pulis.. Mind games or actually unlikely?

Why do you think you've seen him come off more often this season? The proof is in the pudding lads. He's getting old and his legs are failing him. There's no shame in that, he just needs using more sparingly.

He's not very good?

It would make sense.  You can't mess around with head injuries so if the docs say it's best he doesn't play then that's what will happen.

I think that's more Karanka's bag of tricks than Pulis.

Leaves us very short up top now for Saturday. Maybe we should draft in an U23 to at least have a striker option on the bench?

I fancy us to nick this 2-1, Derby aren't playing well despite 2 recent wins, Howson 20 yarder Saturday.

Overall, neither are we. We've only had one away win since the start of February, I believe. I'm not convinced we'll get beat, but I don't think we'll get a win here. But that's the barrier we've got to overcome to even get into the play-offs, never mind compete in them. We have to be able to get results in these tough situations now. Fingers crossed!

I fancy us to nick this 2-1, Derby aren't playing well despite 2 recent wins, Howson 20 yarder Saturday.

Overall, neither are we. We've only had one away win since the start of February, I believe. I'm not convinced we'll get beat, but I don't think we'll get a win here. But that's the barrier we've got to overcome to even get into the play-offs, never mind compete in them. We have to be able to get results in these tough situations now. Fingers crossed!

Agreed, but last weeks win against a side around us may just have given us a bit of a confidence boost here's hooping so.

I think that's more Karanka's bag of tricks than Pulis.

Leaves us very short up top now for Saturday. Maybe we should draft in an U23 to at least have a striker option on the bench?

Armstrong or Curry?

• Latest Posts

• Don't be impressed then, just be happy with a 7-0 win like I said. In the past 18 months England have made it to the World Cup semi finals and the Nations League finals.  That's better than a lot of good teams including - Spain, Belgium, Argentina, Germany, Italy and plenty of others.  We lost to Croatia after extra time in a game we probably should have won by half time and Holland after extra time in a game that we could have won but obviously didn't.  To get to the Nations League finals we had to beat both Spain and Croatia and to get to the World Cup semi finals we had to beat both Colombia and Sweden, who are both decent sides.  I think we're a better team now than we were in the World Cup as well.  We lost to Belgium in the group stage and then again the third place play off but we changed the team for both of those games, rightly or wrongly.  So whilst we did lose the games, we also didn't give either of them our best shot. Against the mighty Kosovo we won 5-3, my memory is fine.  Winning and scoring 5 goals sounds pretty good to me.  The mighty Kosovo have lost twice this year - to us and 2-1 against Czech Republic.  They've also beaten the Czech Republic and drawn with Denmark so they aren't a terrible side by any means. France have won a few trophies over the past few decades.  They've also been a better team than us over the last few decades as have Spain so that seems fair enough to me. Our much lauded attacking line up has done fine unless we don't count putting 3 past Spain and beating Croatia?  During the world cup we weren't playing like this so it's really only post the world cup that we've had the opportunity to see it in action and so far it's done pretty well.  When it gets tested against better teams next year we'll see how it goes then of course. We've put 3 past Spain, 5 past Czech Republic, 6 and 4 past Bulgaria, 5 and 7 past Montenegro and 5 past Kosovo in the last year or so.  I'm not sure it's fair to call them all minnows and if you look around there aren't many teams doing that with the same regularity.  Montenegro the other night weren't a pub side, we are the only team who have stuffed them over the past 3 or 4 years and that includes games against Denmark, Poland, Romania, Czech Republic, Hungary, Turkey and Serbia.  We're a much better side than them but they aren't hopeless and have been competitive against decent sides other than us. I don't see the relevance between a video game on the easiest setting and England.  We're not playing San Marino, Andorra etc, the teams we are playing are better than that, and as I pointed out above, we've done ok even in competitive games against good opposition.
    • Cardiff appoint ex Miillwall boss Neil Harris as their new manager. 
    • Ayala was identified by Mowbray and the loan signing went through at the time of his sacking, he definitely wasn't a Venus signing. Karanka was in charge when we signed him permanently but he had nothing to do with us identifying Ayala initially. 
    • Sorry @Erimus74. Did not see your post. I dont think any are out of contract in jan but following 6 are out of contract come the summer.  Shotton, Ayala, Friend, Howson Johnson, Rudy. Suggestion is Clayton could be 7th one also out of contract but we might have an option to extend his. That option lies with us and not Clayton apparently.
    • Totally agree @wilsoncgp. I am also at a loss to explain reason why but i am also not too bothered why other clubs are not going for him because given his stats for last few season and fact he has 6 months left on his contract means the financial risk attached with him could not be lower. He already has 9 goals and 6 assists from midfield this season meaning he almost averaging a goal/assist every game. And as @DanFromDownSouth said. He is exactly the type of player our team currently lacks imo.