oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Millwall 2-0 (Assombalonga, Howson)

Middlesbrough FC versus Millwall (Football Match)

From Rickypedia, the free encyclopedia 

Middlesbrough FC vs. Millwall (or Boro vs. Millwall) is an upcoming football match, starring Britt Assombalonga, Adam Clayton's Beard, Tim Elbow Cahill and A Playoff Spot. It is the sequel to the match Millwall versus Middlesbrough, which came out on the 16th December 2017. It finished Millwall 2 Middlesbrough 1.

Plot

How are your nerves?

Derby's Tuesday night win against Cardiff makes things interesting around the playoff spots, as it could be the latter who joins in the fight rather than high flying Fulham. Derby halted their decline with the win, and now things are incredibly tight to win 5th and 6th place in the league table.

Boro face Millwall at the Riverside this Saturday, after all the other games of the weekend have been played, meaning they could start 6th just a point ahead of 7th should Brentford and Derby win their games. However, a win for Pulis' boys against Millwall means automatic playoffs, and another chance to get to Wembley.

Cast

[*]Darren Randolph as Goalkeeper

[*]Ryan Shotton as Long Throw              

[*]Dani Ayala as Soon To Be Top Goalscorer

[*]Ben Gibson as Question of Sport

[*]George Friend as Superman

[*]Jonny Howson as Leadbitter of 14/15

[*]Adam Clayton as Glorious Beard

[*]Mo Besic as Passhun

[*]Adama Traore as Fastest Man In The World

[*]Stewart Downing as Typical Stewart Downing

[*]Britt Assombalonga as "Fat" Britt

The Millwall Squad all are played by the Millwall Bushwackers.

Soundtrack

Main article: Middlesbrough (soundtrack)

[*]He's Here by Patrick Rid***

[*]Start Slow by Ricky Rude

[*]In Too Deep by Sum 41

[*]He's Gone by Grateful Dead

[*]New Messiah by Fear Factory

[*]Long Ball by Nikonem

[*]Wrong Decision by Geoff Eltringham (Cover Version)

[*]We're Going Up by Tim McMorris

[*]Wait by M83

[*]No We're Not Actually by Dads

[*]Biting Nails by Renegade Soundwave

[*]Here We Go Again by Isley Brothers

[*]Just One More by George Jones

Trivia

[*]Boro and Millwall have played each other 52 times in history, the first being in the FA Cup in 1904. Boro won the game 2-0. The FA Cup final was won by Man City who beat Bolton 1-0.

[*]Adama Traore has the joint most league assists in 2018 in the top 4 tiers of English football. His 8 assists is matched by Robert Snodgrass.

[*]Tony Pulis currently has his best win rate with any club managed at 50%. He had a 43% win rate with Gillingham and his lowest was 28.18% with Bournemouth.

[*]Millwall have failed to score in 41% of their away matches, in comparison to only failing to score in 18% of their home matches. Boro have scored in 68% of home matches, keeping a clean sheet in 45%.

Middlesbrough versus Millwall will be released at 17:30 on 28th April (coughJuninho9sbirthdaycough) at The Riverside Stadium.

Discussion Topics

What is your XI for the game?

Should Boro win this game, should we rest our main XI for Ipswich or continue our form with the same team?

Who is going up automatically with Wolves, Cardiff or Fulham?

First goalscorer and score predictions?

Other Games of Note

Hull City versus Cardiff City (Saturday 28th, 15:00)

Aston Villa versus Derby County (Saturday 28th, 15:00)

Barnsley versus Brentford (Saturday 28th, 15:00)

Sheffield United versus Preston North End (Saturday 28th, 15:00)

Nottingham Forest versus Bristol City (Saturday 28th, 15:00)

UTB

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

You forgot Darren Randolph as Player of the Year. ;)

Same as last game.

Randolph

Shotton Ayala Gibson Friend

Howson Clayton Besic

Traore Britt Downing

Should Boro win this game, should we rest our main XI for Ipswich or continue our form with the same team?

Continue on with the same team.

Tough call. Fulham will once again have the chance to take the lead on Friday and I think Hull is potential banana skin for anyone at the moment. Given that a draw for Cardiff at Hull wouldn't be a positive result, I'm actually thinking Fulham will make it in with Sunderland and Brum to play.

We've had a couple of good performances, no doubt about that. But I think Millwall right now are a tougher game than either Bristol City or Derby. I don't see them turning up to be turned over. I think they'll come with plenty of intensity and belief in themselves. I'm going 1-1, Britt to score first in the first half with a mid second-half equaliser from Lee Gregory.

- Same as against Derby.

- Rest.

- Fulham

- Heart says 2-0, head 1-1. Traore to score first. 

4-0 burra. ayala first scorer from adama corner.

adama with 4 assists and 2 goals. his goals were assisted by him as he got on the end of his own through balls.

millwall will go back to london with tail between legs.

Bamford in for Britt. The rest the same please.

2 draws will do it, but hopefully we win this one to be sure the job’s done.

I think we should start Britt. He didn't do anything to warrant being dropped, although Bamford is a better player, I think Britt deserves his start for his good performance.

Bamford in for Britt. The rest the same please.

2 draws will do it, but hopefully we win this one to be sure the job’s done.

I think we should start Britt. He didn't do anything to warrant being dropped, although Bamford is a better player, I think Britt deserves his start for his good performance.

Indeed. I didn't see the Derby game but I thought against Sheffield United and Bristol City that he did a good job when he came on. Happy to keep him in for this one.

Not that Bamford has done anything wrong and I won't be disappointed to see him come in if he does. But after all the dross Britt has given us since the turn of the year, these last couple of games he actually seems to have his head in the game again. Good on him.

Same as Derby - Britt had a great game.

Same team to keep momentum going, bar maybe Harrison for Traore, Adama is key to playoff success. Can't afford an injury.

Fulham, Cardiff looked leggy to me against Derby. Fulham are getting stronger and have something to chase.

2-0 Boro and Britt.

UTB

Same team but Britt or Bamford? Nice problem to have! Personally I think confidence is everything for a striker, and Britt must be buzzing right now. Harsh on Bamford as he did nothing wrong, just got injured.... but that's football and he'll get his chance to win it back.

Hard game to call... we will know the other results by kick off and that will surely affect the mentalities. Millwall could start this game 10th and know that they HAVE to win. Does that play into our hands or not... I'm not sure.

Boro simply have to start right and take the wind out of their sails... starting poorly and giving teams head starts has been the bane of our season under both managers. Saw a stat yesterday that if only the second half of matches counted we would be top of the league.

Cagey 1-1 I reckon that suits us okay... unless we gift an early goal then Millwall will win and we are in for a nerve shredding last day at Ipswich.

What is your XI for the game?   same starting eleven

Should Boro win this game, should we rest our main XI for Ipswich or continue our form with the same team?  we seem to be building belief, lets keep the same team again v Ipswich 

Who is going up automatically with Wolves, Cardiff or Fulham? hard one to call, toss of a coin really

First goal scorer and score predictions? 1-0 Boro, Britt

I have a sneaky feeling we're going to blow them away.

I don't really mind who starts Britt or Pat but I do think Britt is more suited to the role, especially away from home where he bullies defenders, whereas Pat can go missing. .