oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Millwall 2-0 (Assombalonga, Howson)

Yes was a bit embarrassing at the end for all the wrong reasons, but back to the game fully deserved the win and onwards and upwards hopefully.

Of course it was a penalty but word of advise Mo never ever again get yourself in a situation whereby the ref will send you off for total petulance, not needed not at this stage and tbh you looked a mug ready to blow your fuse. Hope the boss has a word in your ear

Besic has always played like that, it was going to happen eventually. 

It was a stonewall penna though, so I can see why he was ***ed.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Excellent result that was. Decent performance as well. We made Millwall look fairly poor and they resorted to diving and wrestling (which the referee seemed fine with for some reason).

Thought besic was superb today, really comfortable with the ball at his feet. We should have had a pen in the second half when he ran through the entire Millwall team. Stonewall. Hope he signs a permy!

Less said about the pitch invasion the better - ruined the celebrations. A pitch invasion for reaching the playoffs. Small time mentality that!

Very comfortable victory in the end, I was a bit frustrated after we went 1-0 up and seemed to take our foot off the gas but it didn't matter in the end.

I can't understand how Millwall have been in contention for a playoff spot, they looked absolutely toothless.

Overall it was a very professional display and hopefully we can win next week and take this good form into the playoffs.

Given the context of the match and the opposition that was a really good performance today.  If you think about it the game was essentially a play off in all but name and we came through with flying colours.  There were one or two down periods in the game where Millwall threatened to get on top without ever really threatening to score though but other than that it was a controlled performance and a well deserved win.

Nobody had a bad game or even merited any criticism at all really - maybe Besic needs to chillax a bit like!  Assombalonga deserves a mention for taking his goal really well and putting in a good performance all round.  His body language seemed a lot more positive so he must have finally gotten over that game of Cluedini.  Besic was very good other than being a bit ball greedy at times I felt perhaps.  Traore was Traore, Howson seemed to be full of running and Downing actually looked quite bright.  The back four were good, Clayton did his thing in front of them and Randolph dealt with what little he had to.

All in all I would have that as just about our best performance of the season probably.  An opposition in mostly excellent form since the turn of the year and game that had so much riding on it could have gone very differently but we didn't allow it to.  Top marks for everyone and we've got nothing to fear in the play offs.

idiots.

Edit: the fans on the pitch throwing bottles, not anyone on here.

Now we know why BoroFanTV has been so successful. Everyone who gets an opinion aired on there are probably those who thought a pitch invasion would be a fantastic idea.

I’m pretty certain that CT is behind it.

The pitch invasion or BoroFanTV?  :upside_down:

Given the context of the match and the opposition that was a really good performance today.  If you think about it the game was essentially a play off in all but name and we came through with flying colours.  There were one or two down periods in the game where Millwall threatened to get on top without ever really threatening to score though but other than that it was a controlled performance and a well deserved win.

Nobody had a bad game or even merited any criticism at all really - maybe Besic needs to chillax a bit like!  Assombalonga deserves a mention for taking his goal really well and putting in a good performance all round.  His body language seemed a lot more positive so he must have finally gotten over that game of Cluedini.  Besic was very good other than being a bit ball greedy at times I felt perhaps.  Traore was Traore, Howson seemed to be full of running and Downing actually looked quite bright.  The back four were good, Clayton did his thing in front of them and Randolph dealt with what little he had to.

All in all I would have that as just about our best performance of the season probably.  An opposition in mostly excellent form since the turn of the year and game that had so much riding on it could have gone very differently but we didn't allow it to.  Top marks for everyone and we've got nothing to fear in the play offs.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen you give such a glowing report. I don’t like it. I don’t like this new you!

Apparently Millwall fans threw bottles at Boro fans who then retaliated

Millwall were well riled up and were throwing seats etc but boro started it for me, there was 12 year old kids running across the pitch giving it large saying fight me then, along with tons of other boro fans doing the same.

In fairness i sit in the north stand and a large group of millwall fans before the game were looking for a fight with people walking past in the car park so id argue yes they started it. However i can understand if boro fans were acting in self defence for instance if they broke free of the police lines and into the boro end then yes fight back. But to have boro fans running over to them looking for a fight means we are as bad as them. Some of the Millwall fans reacted like what they are which is animals by ripping up the seats and chucking bottles, what did we really expect?

It's a relief you won as the potential was there next weekend we could have prevented Middlesbrough from reaching the top six. I saw highlights of the Millwall game on Channel 5 and thought the team was impressive. Play like that when the time comes, you'll have a good chance of making it back to the Premier League.

Hope for an entertaining game next week, no pressure on either club that day but obviously would want to be in your position and something extra to look forward to.

Game can be described in two words: total control. We didn’t let Millwall get anywhere near our area barring a few corner kicks. On top of that we looked dangerous going forward and really should have had a few more goals. How the ref missed that penalty is beyond me. At least it didn’t cost us.

Top marks for all players. A complete team performance. We’re hitting some good form at the perfect time.

How the hell did I end up sat with the Millwall fans ?

Landlord decided the Chelsea match was to take priority

and put us all together with the big screen,it made the evening

a nightmare as we were all over Millwall like a cheap suit

That BoroTV is a disgrace and a disgusting channel at times and I have no doubt that thoughts and comments which cross the line in terms of ethics, racism will be eventually aired.

Something I have noticed the better we have got the fewer posts we are getting on the match day threads