oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Millwall 2-0 (Assombalonga, Howson)

Anyone knew why after the besic non-penalty and more squaring up to him, the Ref decided to move the free kick up to near the centre circle. Can you give free kicks for dissent?!?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Anyone knew why after the besic non-penalty and more squaring up to him, the Ref decided to move the free kick up to near the centre circle. Can you give free kicks for dissent?!?

This was something I meant to ask, from my understanding and memory I've never seen a freekick given for dissent. If the same happened in the box is it a penalty? Seemed like the ref just lost it a bit in the second half.

I was wondering this too!

Ive been trying to think of the last midfielder that looked like he was as complete as Besic....Zenden?

Glad we got 5th as would much rather face Villa than Fulham. Hitting some nice form against the higher placed teams as well is good to see.

I was a doubter we would make playoffs but glad I was wrong. Now onto an injury and suspension free finish at Ipswich please.

Besic was absolutely outstanding yesterday,best midfield performance for a long time.I thought he was fantastic,a joy to watch

He's one of those players who, if we had him for the entire season, could've won us as extra 6-8 points. Not enough to get us to the Top 2, but he's provided that missing link between midfield and attack wonderfully.

Yesterday he was just phenomenal...

The more I watch the replays, the more mad I get at that penalty call, I don't understand how that isn't as stonewall as it gets.

Thankfully it didn't cost us anything.

The Millwall player actually extends his leg in front of Besic!

Given the context of the match and the opposition that was a really good performance today.  If you think about it the game was essentially a play off in all but name and we came through with flying colours.  There were one or two down periods in the game where Millwall threatened to get on top without ever really threatening to score though but other than that it was a controlled performance and a well deserved win.

Nobody had a bad game or even merited any criticism at all really - maybe Besic needs to chillax a bit like!  Assombalonga deserves a mention for taking his goal really well and putting in a good performance all round.  His body language seemed a lot more positive so he must have finally gotten over that game of Cluedini.  Besic was very good other than being a bit ball greedy at times I felt perhaps.  Traore was Traore, Howson seemed to be full of running and Downing actually looked quite bright.  The back four were good, Clayton did his thing in front of them and Randolph dealt with what little he had to.

All in all I would have that as just about our best performance of the season probably.  An opposition in mostly excellent form since the turn of the year and game that had so much riding on it could have gone very differently but we didn't allow it to.  Top marks for everyone and we've got nothing to fear in the play offs.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen you give such a glowing report. I don’t like it. I don’t like this new you!

I've given plenty but for some reason they don't seem to get that much attention usually  :tear:

That BoroTV is a disgrace and a disgusting channel at times and I have no doubt that thoughts and comments which cross the line in terms of ethics, racism will be eventually aired.

Something I have noticed the better we have got the fewer posts we are getting on the match day threads

There's a lot of misery guts types on here DS who only want to post when we're not doing well.  I'll try and keep the post count up as best I can to compensate!  :whistle:

The more I watch the replays, the more mad I get at that penalty call, I don't understand how that isn't as stonewall as it gets.

Thankfully it didn't cost us anything.

The Millwall player actually extends his leg in front of Besic!

I said this at the time, it’s as clear as day - yet somehow even the Sky commentators dismissed it as a claim. I’m not surprised Besic reacted how he did - although the longer he squared up to the ref, the more risky a move it was!

Ive been trying to think of the last midfielder that looked like he was as complete as Besic....Zenden?

Glad we got 5th as would much rather face Villa than Fulham. Hitting some nice form against the higher placed teams as well is good to see.

I was a doubter we would make playoffs but glad I was wrong. Now onto an injury and suspension free finish at Ipswich please.

I wouldn't have called Zenden a complete midfielder.  He was good with the ball but he benefited from playing alongside Boateng when we didn't have it.  Besic had a good game yesterday, a little bit ball greedy at times but he did well.

3 arrests were made at the game

One man, 22, was arrested and later cautioned for being in the possession of class A drugs.

A man, 32, was arrested and charged with using threatening/ abusive words/behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

Another man, 62, was arrested and charged with racially aggravated public order and for using threatening/ abusive words/behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

The latter 2 men will appear in court at the end of May

Another man, 62, was arrested and charged with racially aggravated public order and for using threatening/ abusive words/behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

62  :funny: :funny: :funny: