oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Millwall 2-0 (Assombalonga, Howson)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

No way we will be resting players, and rightly so! Infact im expecting the complete opposite after reading the tony pulis article on skysports. He is hoping the boro crowd will act as a 12th man and create a cup tie atmosphere.

Massive chance for us to secure our spot in the play offs, not at all a time to be counting our eggs before they are hatched.

Think it will be a close encounter with boro coming out on top 3-2. Downing and Mo to get 2 of out goals, not sure who will get the 3rd, maybe Ayala with a last min header from a pinpoint adama corner :)

We won't be resting players tomorrow, it won't have even have been up for discussion.

It might happen against Ipswich if we clinch 5th tomorrow, I think there's a strong argument for that but no way will we rest players against Millwall when there's still a chance that we could miss out altogether.

I still wouldn't rest them for Ipswich unless they were an injury concern already. If they're already there or thereabouts 100% fit then I don't really see the justification of resting players. By all means you want the squad to be match fit and not just the first 11 but they're not going to get a great deal out of one game anyway, it's clear that there's not a lot of options in this squad for this manager so keeping the momentum going for the first 11 would be a priority for me.

Even if players try to do a hatchet job on traore, the same thing will happen that happens every game. Players will just bounce off him and when they do take him down he'll just get back up and go again

I still wouldn't rest them for Ipswich unless they were an injury concern already. If they're already there or thereabouts 100% fit then I don't really see the justification of resting players. By all means you want the squad to be match fit and not just the first 11 but they're not going to get a great deal out of one game anyway, it's clear that there's not a lot of options in this squad for this manager so keeping the momentum going for the first 11 would be a priority for me.

That's all down to personal opinion but other managers have done it often enough to know it could happen against Ipswich. There's a huge difference though between resting players against Ipswich when the job is done to resting them against Millwall when it isnt.

Personally I would rest a few against Ipswich if we've already secured 5th, especially if a few of them are tired like Traore was a few weeks ago. I can see the argument for building up momentum though.

I know red cards carry over but I don't know about yellow ones

Maybe they can make an exception for Grant, anything to keep him off the pitch tomorrow :)

Back to resting players, we saw just how long it took for Fulham to break down Millwall, ok it was at The New Den but until Fulham scored they were evenly matched and Millwall could have scored before Fulham.

We must field our best options available and stop them from scoring early in the game because that simply has to be there game plan, the defence and Traore and  Besic will be key players tomorrow.

Same team tomorrow, if I was Pulis I would get the players in and around Rockliffe/Riverside before any of the other games kick-off make sure they avoid from hearing/seeing any of the other game so that they are only focused on beating Millwall.

I'm going for a 2-0 win Traore and Ayala to score in first half and second half will be backs to the wall defending.

I don't think we have any players close to a suspension for cumulative yellows anyway.

It would have to be 15 yellows to count for a suspension now I believe and I can't think of many who could be near that figure.

I don’t think anyone was talking about resting player for tomorrow. I think the question in the OP was whether we’d rest players at Ipswich if we win tomorrow.