oneBoro Forum
juninho9

Boro vs. Millwall 2-0 (Assombalonga, Howson)

Leaked team apparently has Britt starting. Same starting XI as last week.

PNE beating Sheffield United, as it stands 2 points behind us if they hold out piling pressure on our result for both Boro and Millwall

PNE beating Sheffield United, as it stands 2 points behind us if they hold out piling pressure on our result for both Boro and Millwall

A draw should still be enough for us.

Randolph

Shotton

Ayala

Gibson

Friend

Clayton

Besic

Howson

Traore

Downing

Assombalonga

Bench: Dimi, Cranie, Fabio, Fry, Leadbitter, Harrison, Bamford

We are playing well and full of confidence after two good wins, at home and with no injury worries. What could go wrong, we will wrap it up this afternoon, but hang on this is the Boro. So that will be a 1 - 0 defeat then and a scrappy win at Ipswich to clinch sixth spot. You can just see it can’t you !

Makes sense starting Britt. Tell Bamford he'll get a start next week if Britt doesn't do the job today, and then we have our first choice forward in the team ready for (hopefully) the playoffs

Randolph

Shotton

Ayala

Gibson

Friend

Clayton

Besic

Howson

Traore

Downing

Assombalonga

Bench: Dimi, Cranie, Fabio, Fry, Leadbitter, Harrison, Bamford

That’ll do me! I’m hyped for this game... pleeeeeeease don’t let us down Boro!

Villa 1-1 Derby

Get in, was worried about Derby winning tbh as Villa have nothing to play for, they can't finish 2nd.

Brentford with the easiest run in on paper will miss out on the playoffs with their 2-0 loss at Barnsley today

A draw is probably just enough tonight after results today, I think. Would mean Millwall or Preston would have to overcome an 8 goal difference in the final weekend.

All the more reason to win and put it out of doubt. COME ON BORO!

Ipswich just won 4-0 away from home.. So let's wrap it up today yeah?

• Latest Posts

• I am sure you are right. We arent going to bring in two winger type players and if Roberts is achievable it will be him.
    • I'm not usually in favour of going for players who have reputations for attitude problems, leopards and spots and all that. But I do think with a team as functional and as rigid as ours, Marcus Maddison wouldn't be the worst signing in the world, assuming the wages were at the lower end of the scale. As an option off the bench, even having an impact a handful of times over the season could make a difference. However, I'd imagine that if we're still in for Roberts, he's probably going to fill that same spot in the squad. 
    • From everything I've heard/seen he does seem to have a massively over inflated opinion of himself. I'm sure in January, there was talk in the press that he'd priced himself out of a move to the championship. I found this YouTube video (I'll post the link below) of the Peterborough chairman talking about their January window, of which Maddison is discussed at length. Very much backs up that Maddison has priced himself out of moves and has a high opinion of himself. His agents also seem like tools too. In the video he also mentions that 7 clubs had interest in Toney and another 7 had interest, but couldn't do a deal until the summer due to FFP. Wonder if we were one of those. He also mentions 1 club making 4 bids in January, and he mentions he "loves their model", which in my opinion is Brentford.  
    • I am surprised neither Roberts or Murphy have been loaned out yet. Two very capable players for Championship clubs.
    • I think from so what he was saying. The illustration he gave was one of his clients is on 10k a week. 3k is a weekly wage and 7k is  bonus and other things. The player gets his 3k as a wage and the other rolls on and is paid every three months as a lumper. He had a special word for it but I forget. That means this player is currently owed something like 100,000. So not peanuts. The agent seemed to think players will either have to sacrifice their bonuses, loose them if clubs go bust or wait until the money is paid.  It will effect everyone differently. Those starting the game and those near the end if their careers will be the biggest effected.   I will see if I can dig up a link it was a good interview